Chapter 32: Petals

"Whee-in, come here" Hyejin looked up at Whee-in from her desk.

Whee-in turned her head upon hearing her name. She'd been standing still, looking out of the building since they arrived a few minutes earlier. She walked over to Hyejin, the desk separating them.

"No, I meant here" Hyejin pertained to the spot beside her. She was aware that Whee-in still insists on doing her job like usual, so she had to find a way around it.

Whee-in didn't understand what Hyejin was up to, but she obeyed and came to where Hyejin intended her to be. "What's the matter?"
She looked at Hyejin, unable to take a guess at what she's thinking of.

Hyejin turned to her side to look at Whee-in. "Nothing. I just wanted to look at my inspiration, I guess?" She then smiled and tugged at Whee-in's belt playfully.

Whee-in rolled her eyes. She's been noticing that Hyejin usually doesn't say much, unless she really wants to speak for herself or about something important. But if she did speak, she'll either be blunt about the matter or be cheesy. Like this very instant.

To Hyejin's surprise, Whee-in swiftly bent down and planted a kiss on her forehead as she removed Hyejin's hands from her belt.

"Work hard today, and try not to get distracted, okay? Your investors are coming by later and as much as you hate most of them, you know they're important."

Hyejin blushed as she nodded slowly. Whee-in then returned to where she was standing before.

Hyejin looked down for a moment and sighed. She then smiled. Whee-in is a tsundere, but when the situation calls for, she knows what to say. Heck, since what they did last week, Whee-in definitely knows that Hyejin is the boss until they're in bed.

Hyejin shook off the thoughts and decided to focus on work, shortly after she looked at Whee-in again.

Hours passed when an employee came in the office, informing Hyejin that the investors had arrived, and Hyejin stood up, nodding at Whee-in.

The two head to the meeting room, and the meeting goes smoothly, although Hyejin was a little thrown off with the way an investor's secretary was eyeing Whee-in. She did not like that look on her face.

And Hyejin could not be more irritated when the investor, Mr. Min, invited her for lunch. Something she couldn't refuse, given that Mr. Min was her father's friend and the head of the Min family himself. But she promised herself to keep an eye on his secretary.

"So, Hyejin. Congratulations on being able to handle your father's business" Mr. Min said after he swallowed the food he was chewing and looked at Hyejin who was distracted with watching Mr. Min's secretary.

"Oh, uh, thank you, Mr. Min." Hyejin replied with a short smile after she quickly switched her focus to Mr. Min who sat across her. They were eating lunch at the same restaurant that Whee-in took her to before. She hated that the suspicion she was feeling was ruining the sentimentality of the place.

Hyejin looked at Whee-in, who was still eating, unmoved, and didn't seem to care. The usual Whee-in whenever there were other people around.

Soon enough, Hyejin finished eating and excuses herself to go to the bathroom. She then washed her hands in the sink, picking up Whee-in's voice outside of the bathroom, where she waited for her.

"Who are you?" Whee-in crossed her arms as she looked at Mr. Min's secretary. She had noticed the woman looking at her so intently since the meeting earlier. She didn't want anyone to look at her so intently, except for Hyejin.