Chapter 37: Spare

Whee-in looked around. She thought she saw something at the corner of her eyes. She shook her head. She needed to focus. She exhaled sharply and looked at the building across where she stood. Before she could take a step and cross the road, she sneezed. Twice. She covered her nose as she did. Autumn was around the corner, so Whee-in thought it must be the wind making her feel funny.

...

"What will you do to that girl?" Lee Jongmin asked with the usual authority in his baritone voice.

"You mean Whee-in?" Han-mi replied. "I'm not really sure"

"Make up your mind and put the men to good use. We're returning to Korea tomorrow."

"Sure." Han-mi then sighed dreamily. "I want to see her again"

Hearing his daughter, Jongmin's brows crossed as he scoffed. "She killed your brother. You're crazy."

"Of course I am. I'm your daughter." Han-mi laughed like a maniac.

...

Whee-in paused to scratch her ear as it itched. Whoever is talking about her needs to stop. She fixed herself shortly after and continued up the stairs to the corridor of this apartment building's third floor. She looked at the door numbers before she stopped in front of the one she was looking for. 37.

Whee-in knocked, hoping that the person she was looking for was inside.

Seconds later, the door opened as a woman greeted Whee-in. "Oh.... Whee-in. It's you..." the woman was not expecting her. She was about a couple of inches taller than Whee-in, her straight black hair reaching her shoulders. She dressed casually, wearing a loose grey shirt and black cotton shorts. She leaned against the doorframe, her eyes quickly scanning Whee-in and ended up on her red hair.

Whee-in cleared her throat which brought the woman's attention back to her face. "Damyeon. It's been a long time" Whee-in met her eyes with sincerity.

"Come in and sit down ", Damyeon said, opening the door for Whee-in.

Whee-in took the offer and stepped inside. She then sat down on one of Damyeon's couches.

"Do you want anything? Something to drink?"

"No, thank you. I'm only here to talk to you about something. I won't be here for long."

"If this is about my sister, I'm telling you that I haven't been involved with any of my relatives for a long time, and for good reason." Damyeon said as she sat down across Whee-in, her legs crossed and her chin on the palm of her hand.

"She's coming back to the country tomorrow." Whee-in spoke up

"She left again?" Damyeon raised a brow

"She's been in and out of the country plenty of times this year. "

"You know, for someone who considers my sister her enemy, you sure do know a lot about her. I assume you have an insider."

Whee-in became quiet.

"Before I tell you anything, I think you should know that I'll be asking you a lot of questions in exchange. So be honest. Has she done anything to assert her presence? "

Whee-in adjusted her suit and ran her fingers through her hair before she answered.
" Yes. She's been...calling. Leaving a trail for me to follow. I don't know what she's planning and I don't think I want to know. "

Damyeon put her palm over her face. She sighed. "You really were something else, Jung Whee-in. None of my father's business partners' good looking sons ever caught Han-mi's attention. But the moment you entered her world, she's been all up on you. She kept mentioning you, talking about you all the time, and frankly, it was ridiculously annoying. "