Chapter 6: A Rotten Vegetable

"She told me to tell you two about it" Whee In who was now back in the quarters was telling Yong and Moon about what Hyejin told her earlier. But she did not include the part where she ended up on top of her boss, no. Whee In shook off the memory and tried to forget it. She looked at the two and saw that Yong was now dressed in a black suit, and a tie with yellow flowers as pattern, same as Moon who wasn't wearing a tie earlier.

Moonstar had her usual straight face, however, as she asked Whee In, "What else did she tell you?"

"Nothing else" Whee In briefly replied.

"So you didn't see anything else, Whee In?" it was Yong who was asking now.

"No, not really. Why?" Whee In asked, knowing Yong was probably trying to say something

"Oh, nothing. I just saw someone outside. That's all" Yong answers with a smile.

Moon looks at Yong with an unreadable expression. Whee In looks down and notices how Moon's fist was clenched. She ignored it. What's between Moon and her boss was none of her business.

"We should probably go now. Hyejin should be ready" Yong speaks up, breaking the silence and heads out.

Moon follows and so does Whee In. As Yong said, Hyejin was indeed ready, and was dressed in a black dress and heels. She had her usual facial expression, standing by her car, and she looked like she had been waiting for the three of them for about an eternity.

Yong bows a little and says, "We've been informed by Whee In, but where exactly are we going?"

"To the city. I'm meeting someone."

"Oh, I see", Yong smiles

Hyejin then hands Whee In the car key and gestures Whee In to open the car door for her which Whee In immediately does. Yong and Moon walked to Moon's car and Moon opens the car door for Yong. Whee In gets curious why Yong rode in Moon's car when she had her own car, but she figured that there must be a reason. She didn't say anything and went to the driver's seat of Hyejin's car. Once she got in, she looked over her shoulder to see Hyejin sitting by the window. Whee In cleared her throat. There was an awkward silence in the car as she starts the engine and drives out of the mansion, with Moon and Yong following in Moon's car.

Whee In drives carefully, taking a few glances at Hyejin every once in a while through the rear view mirror. While looking at the road, she realized that she didn't know where she was going again. She looked at Hyejin who looked like she had absolutely nothing to say.

Whee In had to think fast. It's really troublesome when situations like this happen, but perhaps it was also Hyejin's way of testing her. She silently cursed. But she kept on driving, and heads to a known hotel in the city and enters through the parking lot. She finds a spot to park, and just as she guessed it, it was the place. Hyejin gets out of the car without a word. Whee In also gets out, taking the key, locking the car and quietly thanks her superb memory for being able to remember the place where Mr. Ahn used to meet his 'business partners', as the Ahn family were also 'businessmen'.

Shortly, Moon and Yong arrive and they immediately spot Whee In and Hyejin. They quickly follow Hyejin who walks way ahead of Whee In, not saying a word. The truth was, she was still annoyed at Moonstar and she thought that drinking alcohol last night would console her. Instead, it gave her a headache and Moon still hasn't talked to her. At the thought, she walked faster.

Whee In didn't need anything said to figure out something was definitely up with Hyejin. However, she couldn't do anything to interfere, unless it had something to do with Hyejin's security. Whee In manages to catch up to Hyejin and walk only a step behind her, with Yong and Moon walking beside Whee In. They pass by the reception which was completely empty. They take the elevator to the third floor.

Hyejin then stops in front of a room, with the door number 34.

"Jung Whee In, with me" she orders Whee In. She then turns to Yong, saying, "You and Moon stay here", to which Yong nods. Hyejin then enters the room with Whee In.

In the room was an old man in a suit who sat in a couch, which was the only chair in the room. He was smoking, and before him was a coffee table with an ashtray. Behind him stood four of his men, dressed in black suits, all with tattoos and shaved heads. Whee In stood about a meter behind Hyejin who sat down beside the old man. Whee In had her guard up, not only because this was her first assignment as Hyejin's body guard, but also because she knew the old man was Choi Cheol-san of the Choi family. If the families in Korea were to be ranked according to power and influence, the Ahn family would rank 5th, and the Choi family 6th. Choi Cheol-san was a big guy. He has scars on both hands and tattoos wrapping around his neck and covering both his arms. Although he now had grayish hair, he still looked like he could instantly snap a person's neck if he wanted to. He was known to be a complete rascal during his time, and nowadays he is a famous business man and politician—or at least as far as the public knew.

Hyejin and the old man start to talk, with Hyejin even laughing whenever the old man tried to say something funny. Whee In knew it was forced, but Whee In could only guess whether Hyejin was doing it to make the talking quicker or to not offend the old man. Either way, it certainly did not help with the tension in the room. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Probably because the only person who knew Whee In was Hyejin.

Whee In raised her guard up even more as minutes passed. By now she was starting to notice the change in Choi's behavior, specially with his hands moving and eventually touching Hyejin's leg. Whee In waited for a reaction, but it seemed like Hyejin didn't want to care about it.

After a few more minutes, the two stopped talking and they say goodbye to each other, with Hyejin still faking a smile and the old man grinning from ear to ear. It was an incredibly irritating sight for Whee In, who was sure that Hyejin wasn't enjoying it either. But the only thing she could do was wait for an order.

Hyejin then headed for the door, with Whee In following as she gave the old man one last deadly look.

As soon as they were out of the door, however, Hyejin's face became the entire opposite of joyful. She was now looking like a lion thirsty for blood. Moon and Yong noticed this instantly. Moon sets aside their cold war, and simply asks Hyejin, "What do you want to happen?"

Without even looking at Moon, Hyejin says, "He's a damned rotten vegetable. Turn him into one." She then walks away as Whee In follows Hyejin after shortly nodding to the two left behind as if she saying, 'I'll leave it to the two of you.'

Moon gives Yong a sharp nod as Hyejin and Whee In walk away. Yong then smiles with excitement, grabbing a pair of gloves from her pockets, wearing them, and taking out her knife, while Moon grabs her silenced gun tucked in her back. The two then enter the room.

While the other two were busy, Whee In was driving Hyejin out of the place. She looked at Hyejin for instructions but Hyejin simply says, "Just drive".

Whee In then confirmed that what happened earlier really put Hyejin on the spot. Whee In sighed. She has absolutely no clue when being concerned about her boss' emotions even became part of her job. She decided, however, to take a route which led to the area of the city higher up. The area overlooked the sea and was windy.

Reaching the place, Whee In stopped the car and rolled down the windows. Hyejin then steps out. Whee In goes out too but she stops herself from saying anything and simply stands beside the car as she watches Hyejin looking out the sea, seemingly calming down, her expression becoming more eased as opposed to her deadly expression earlier. Whee In sighed again as she tells herself, "Ahn Hyejin, you really are something else..."