Epilogue: Blue Moon

Moon Byul-i stretched out as she awoke from her sleep. She rubbed her neck and turned her head to see Yongsun sleeping soundly beside her. She gently removed Yong's arm from her torso and quietly left the bed.

Moon yawned and shook her head. She needed to cook breakfast now. She headed to their kitchen and looked out of the window. It was snowing outside.

'Right', Moon thought. It was December 23. The day after her her 30th birthday. The same day that her father began her training, twenty years ago. She smiled faintly at the memory. What her father did was cruel, but it made her who she was today. She remembered being on the brink of tears during his father's funeral and Yong hugging her tight.

Moon exhaled sharply. It had been two years since she last returned to Korea after the mission with Whee-in.

Frankly, she didn't like Whee-in at first, especially after what she staged. Moon only talked to her whenever necessary. But they soon formed a bond through drinking together.

A month after Moon's return to Korea, she came back to America with Yong.

Quick knocks on the door to their apartment alerted Moon. She turned her head and grabbed a nearby kitchen knife. Moon stepped slowly towards the door, hiding the knife behind her back.

When Moon opened the door, a familiar face greeted her. “Shin Ryujin.” She muttered, looking at the woman standing before her.

“What brings you here?”

“The boss ordered me to personally tell you that she wants you to spend Christmas in the mansion.”

“Hyejin sent you halfway across the world, all the way here, just to tell me and Yong to spend Christmas in Korea?”

“Well, yes. She's having a Christmas party, you could say that.” Ryujin said with hesitation. She was sure that her boss had called Moon yesterday to greet her. She could've just invited Moon herself.

Moon almost laughed. She knew that Ryujin and Yeji were just promoted to associate, but Hyejin still had them running errands like these.

“She expects you to be there by seven pm.”

Moon nodded as Ryujin bowed a little before leaving.

Moon closed the door and got back inside, returning the knife to where she got it. She then saw Yong who had just woken up.

“Who was at the door just now?” Yong asked with a groan.

“Oh. Ryujin. She said Hyejin wants us to be at the mansion for Christmas.” Moon said as she approaches Yong.

“Hyejin sent her here just to tell you that?”

“Yeah. ” Moon chuckled, thinking it was a ridiculous task for an associate.

“Poor girl” Yong shook her head.

Moon slowly knelt down and gently caressed Yong's growing belly and sighed.

“What's wrong, Byul?” Yong asked, looking down at Moon.

“Nothing. I just never imagined that things would turn out like this. I can't believe that I get to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“Me too. But I'm thankful. We grew up together, we grew apart, and we found each other again. I'm happy that I have the chance to grow old with you. And now we have our little one on the way too.”

“Our little radish" Moon said with a grin.

“You really love radishes, huh?” Yong watched Moon fondly.