Chapter 12: What If You Were Mine?

It has been a week since the incident, and Whee-in is quickly recovering and she's been back in the mansion. Security has tightened in the Ahn family. Hyejin has been busy as well, taking care of things, managing the family businesses and the company, and traveling to different places with Moon and Yong who haven't said a word to each other since the night of the incident with the Kang family.

Next week, there will be a meeting among the families. After that, Hyejin will hold an expansion of their force; which meant promotion, and training of neophytes before they formally get accepted into the family.

Whee-in pinned a photo of Lee Jongmin on the wall of the quarters and threw knives at it using her left arm. She was still unable to full move her right arm, so she had to compensate for it. It was challenging as she was right-handed. She threw a knife and followed through with her eyes. She almost missed, but did hit the ear on the photo. Whee-in sighed. She threw another knife just as Yong stepped into the quarters.

Yong raised her eyebrows seeing the knife fly and missed the photo. She found the sight of Whee-in struggling cute. She approached Whee-in and stood beside her.

"Hey, Yong. How was your trip?" Whee-in asked, looking at Yong before she threw a knife and missed again.

Yong who had just returned from a trip to check on some of the territories they control across the country. She followed the knife with her eyes as she answered, "It was alright. There were plenty of young guns in some of the areas"

"How young?"

"About 10 years younger"

"Younger than me or you?" Whee-in knew for a fact that Yong was already 28. Moon was a year younger, while she and Hyejin were 4 years younger than Yong.

"Younger than me", Yong replied, realizing that she was almost 30.

"Well, that's young enough to handle things around here", Whee-in said.

She was much younger when she started to be given different odd jobs by the family. Heck, she was just a kid. Moon and Yong were a little older than her when they started, Moon being trained by her father who was Mr. Ahn's close friend and an associate. Yong started a little later than Moon however, because Yong's father was just a capo back then. Honestly, when Whee-in first saw Yong and Moon together, she thought they were siblings because of how close they were. It was also then that she was tasked to go to the same school as Hyejin to keep an eye on her. Looking back now, Whee-in realized she didn't have much of a childhood. She blinked and threw another knife, missing once more.

"May I?", Yong looked at Whee-in, wanting to throw a knife too.

"Sure", Whee-in handed Yong a knife.

Yong threw the knife swiftly, effortlessly hitting the center of the head on the photo.

Whee-in was amused. Yong was good.

"It's easy, you know. You want a bit of a guide?" Yong offered

"Alright" Whee-in answered.

Yong came closer and held Whee-in's left arm gently from behind and helped her aim.

"Now, control your breathing and stabilize your sight. Look at your target and lock in. Focus and... Throw", Yong advices, after which Whee-in throws the knife, hitting the target, her knife just below where Yong threw her knife.

"That was definitely something", Whee-in turned her neck to meet Yong's eyes. Yong was smiling proudly. She was glad she could help Whee-in improve.