Chapter 35: Heavy Feeling

"So, let me get this right" Yong spoke up as she sat beside Moon who was currently driving the car.

"Whee-in left the mansion with Hyejin's permission"

"Yeah" Moon nodded, her eyes on the road.

"And a little while after she was gone, Hyejin asked you to follow her."

"Hyejin said she didn't want Whee-in to get in trouble again, so she asked me to pick up the trail. That's why I brought my camera and snooped around"

"What exactly did you find?" Yong asked, determined to get to the truth.

"Well, I didn't really find anything at first. Whee-in was way ahead of me. I was about to head back when I passed by some coffee shop. I saw her. She was with a girl. She seemed familiar—she looked like that girl we saw back at the hospital"

"You mean Han Seo-ha? Mr. Han's granddaughter?" Yong looked at Moon thoughtfully

"That sounds about right. But I wasn't aware of that. I followed them. They both entered a hotel and I took several photos of them."

"Let me guess..." Yong rolled her eyes.

"I sent the photos to Hyejin. All of it."

"Moon.." Yong glared at Moon intensely.

Moon knew things were definitely serious with Yong calling her by family name. She couldn't see it, but she felt her girlfriend's glare. It sent a chill down her spine, making her gulp. "Hey, I was just doing what I was told to. It was my job."

"Oh, Moon..." Yong put her palm over her face. "You don't know, do you..?"

"Know what, Yong?" Moon glanced at Yong for a moment before looking at the side mirror and seeing Whee-in following behind. She returned her eyes to the road.

"Whee-in and Hyejin are a thing."

"What? What does that even mean?" Moon couldn't really understand what Yong just said.

"How many times have you been in the mansion at night the past week? Like late at night?"

"I've walked around once or twice." Moon answered truthfully.

"And you've never noticed or heard anything strange?" Yong was a little amused and concerned about how Moon missed so much details.

"I did hear strange noises coming from upstairs. But I  thought it was just the wind making that sound. Besides,  I don't have the right to stick my nose in other people's businesses. Not unless Hyejin orders me to." Moon said, her tone completely serious.

"Oh my goodness, Moon..." Yong sighed. Her girlfriend had no idea about things. "Hyejin and Whee-in have been sleeping together"

"Oh? Oh.... Oh shit." Moon finally understood. So that's why she's been hearing those weird sounds whenever she walked around the house at night. "Things are really serious, huh?"

"You said it" Yong took a deep breath. She couldn't blame Moon now, knowing that she was only following the orders given to her. "Are you sure Hyejin is there? She might get in trouble if we don't get to her soon. You now we have enemies everywhere. And you've seen her drink." Yong was feeling anxious about Hyejin's state right now.

"I'm sure. I'm going as fast as I can to reach her." Moon focused on driving, shifting gears as she made a turn.

"Whee-in won't be happy about any of this."