Chapter 46: Tear

🩸

Hyejin's chest was heavy. She felt like she was carrying the weight of the whole world. That and the fact that she couldn't think of anything. Except for the scene earlier. Whee-in's words resonated within her mind. ...such an easy woman"

Hyejin swallowed back the tears that were threatening to escape her eyes. Everything was finally sinking in. Whee-in was a lying, manipulating, cheating traitor. Out of all the people Hyejin expected to stab her in the back, Whee-in had to be one holding the knife plunged at her heart right now. The knife had been twisted, and it was tearing her apart.

But then it hit Hyejin. Whee-in was no cheater. She never cheated. Hyejin thought Whee-in had cut the strings that bound them together, but there were no strings in the first place. Whee-in wasn't her girlfriend and they were never together. There were only lies masked as sweet words and the nights they spent tangled up on her bed.

The truth did not help Hyejin. It only made things worse. The tears she was holding back since earlier finally rolled down her cheeks. She sobbed. She was starting to think she was to be blamed for all this. She loved Whee-in so much. She gave her everything, but all Whee-in gave her was pain.

Hyejin questioned herself as she hugged her knees. Why couldn't she see the signs? How was she such a fool to not see the deceit in Whee-in's eyes with all the times she said 'I love you'? Why was she so stubborn to keep trusting Whee-in even when she knew nothing about her? Maybe it really was her fault, she thought. She fell for Whee-in first. She fell so hard and so quickly, only to realize that Whee-in never had any intention to catch her from the very beginning.

Hyejin clutched her chest. It was overwhelming. The pain was too much, hurting her but at the same time numbing her. She wished she could stop feeling anything. She wished the tears would stop coming. But it never happened. She wiped her face and only cried harder, and her loud sobs broke the silence. She bit her lip. No matter how much she wept, the pain wasn't going away. She cried for herself and for the reality that she loved the woman who hurt her.

She looked up. Her sight was blurry, but she recognized the nightstand next to her bed. Yes. There was a gun in one of the drawers. She could just end everything by herself. There was no need to prolong all of the suffering. She'll finally be free of the torment.

She tried to stand up. Her knees were weak. She was trembling, but she stood up anyway. Slowly, she made her way forward, her cheeks wet and her eyes red.

Moon knocked at the door to Hyejin's bedroom. Ahn Hyejin, open the door or I will kick it down." Moon threatened her. Moon herself was still taking in everything.

Leave me alone" Hyejin responded, her voice cracked as she sobbed out the words.

Without saying anything, Moon violently kicked the door open.

Moon entered the room and grabbed Hyejin by the shoulders.

“Damn it, Hyejin. Pull yourself together." Moon shook her hard.

“That's easy for you to say. What the fuck would you even know about hurting?" Hyejin was spiteful but she didn't care. Moon's words were ironic. She was telling Hyejin to pull herself together, but her eyes were dead. Moon looked so hollow, like there was no soul left in her body.

You think I'm not hurting?!" there was anger in Moon's voice.

Hyejin, Yong is dead. Whee-in just killed my girlfriend. You think I'm fine with that? You think I'm alright?" Moon looked at Hyejin with her eyes drained of any emotion. A tear rolled down her cheek.