Alternate Ending: The Bad One

(It's in the title.)

"To destroying the Ahn family," Jung Whee-in raised her glass filled with red wine.

"To their demise," Han-mi followed suit and raised her glass.

Whee-in drank the alcohol. The wine left her lips with a deep red stain, drawing Han-mi's attention.

Han-mi eyed Wheein conspicuously.

Whee-in understood Han-mi's glance. She took another sip as she loosened her tie.

Han-mi came closer, placing her empty glass on the table.

Whee-in looked up at Han-mi and put her glass down.

Han-mi placed herself on Wheein's lap and locked eyes with her.

Wheein felt odd. It was like deja vu. She ignored the feeling. There was nothing wrong with what she was doing. She was married to Han-mi. She had no reason to feel guilty. But why was she holding back?

Han-mi bent down and pressed her lips against Wheein's lips.

Whee-in returned the kiss, trying to bury the feeling that she was cheating. She pulled Han-mi in, trying to convince herself that she wasn't cheating. She wanted her inner voice to be silent. Han-mi was her wife.

Han-mi pulled Whee-in's tie down and unbuttoned her shirt.

Whee-in started to hesitate. She almost said a name out loud- and it wasn't her wife's.

"Whee-in?", Han-mi asked. She noticed that Wheein wasn't responding to her.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?", Han-mi's brows furrowed.

"I'm good. I'm just a little distracted. Care to take my mind off things?", Whee-in quickly came up with an excuse.

Han-mi smirked and answered as she removed Whee-in's belt, "Anything for you, love."

.........

Whee-in woke up in a blur. She was naked and when she looked beside her, Han-mi's sleeping face greeted her. She got out of bed as quietly as she could. She went to the bathroom cursing herself for waking up late.

As soon as she was dressed, Whee-in checked her phone. 8:30 a.m. She had meetings to attend. She decided to go and leave Han-mi a note.

Whee-in drove her car to the company. She entered the building with her usual face- a frown and her eyes dead of emotions. People made way for her and turned quiet, their fear becoming more obvious with each step she took.

Whee-in's secretary went inside her office after she sat down on her chair.

Whee-in didn't need to say anything. The secretary quickly put paperwork down on her desk.

Wheein inhaled sharply. She grabbed a paper and signed it. She grabbed another and paused.

The secretary caught the signal and swiftly left the office.

Whee-in continued signing the papers until her phone rang. She saw that the number was unknown to her. She answered the call cautiously.

"Whee-in?"

Whee-in instantly recognized Kim Yongsun's voice and hung up. She cleared the call history and turned her phone off.

Whee-in's eyes wandered and landed on the ring on her finger. She gazed at her hand and examined the ring.

How long was she married to Han-mi again?

Whee-in pondered until the answer came to her.

Right. It's been a year. Long enough to forget how long but not to enough to forget the reason why.