Chapter 16: Acceptance

The truth was that Yong wanted to apologize for something else. She wanted to say 'I'm sorry for liking you, Byul'

Crap.

Yong realized what she told herself. In hope of understanding how she felt about Moon, she had instead admitted to herself that she indeed likes her. Just like that.

"So we're alright?" Moon held out her hand.

"Yeah" Yong answered, trying to hide her nervousness. She reached out to shake Moon's hand. As soon as she felt her skin, she felt a strange pulse of electricity run through her arm.

Moon held Yong's hand and felt something strange and indescribable but it made her happy for some reason.

Yong was feeling butterflies on her stomach now, especially with Moon looking at her with surprisingly, warm eyes.

Yong looked down, flustered. She took her hand back, leaving Moon to think something was up again.

"What's the matter, Yong?" Moon felt like she did something wrong, seeing Yong hesitant.

"It's nothing. I'll be going home now. I'll see you tomorrow" Yong shook her head and stood up, excusing herself.

Moon was still a little shocked but she couldn't help and smile. She felt like something inside her had been unchained. Like an unknown weight has been lifted.

Yong made her way to her car. Once in the driver's seat, she put her head against the steering wheel and scolded herself.

"What are you doing, Yong?? You're not supposed to be feeling like this..." Yong was caught in between a mixture of  emotions. She was nervous, excited, flustered and anxious all at the same time. She took out her phone. She needs to tell Whee-in.

Whee-in felt her phone vibrate. She was just about to go to the mansion's study to tell Hyejin she'll be heading home tonight. She opened her phone and saw that Yong had texted her.

Yong:
Whee-in? I need to tell you something. I'm in my car. Can we go somewhere and talk.

Whee-in :
Alright, Yong. Wait for me there. I'm just going to talk to Hyejin first. Give me a minute.

Yong:
Okay.

Whee-in put her phone down as she approached the door to the study. She knocked and came in after she heard Hyejin's voice telling her to come in.

Hyejin had been in the study, sitting on a desk and going through some old documents since earlier. When she saw Whee-in enter, her eyes lit up "What's up, Whee-in?"

"I was just going to let you know that I'll be going home tonight"

"Oh. Sure. You're free to go. But before you do" Hyejin stood up and approached Whee-in.

Whee-in gulped.

Hyejin came closer and pulled Whee-in into a hug. Whee-in could feel Hyejin's breath as she sighed.
"Thank you for earlier" she stepped back.

"It was nothing" Whee-in bowed a little to avoid meeting Hyejin's eyes. "I'll be off now", she marched to the door and left.

Whee-in walked hurriedly to Yong's car. She got in and Yong quickly noticed something.

"Whee-in, is something wrong? Your ears are red", Yong pointed out.