Chapter 45: Surprise

“Yong, where's Whee-in?" Hyejin asked. She was starting to panic. She knew something was wrong.

Yong quickly checked her phone. She had put a tracker on Whee-in's car. It's almost been a whole week since Whee-in left, and her location hasn't even changed once.

“She's still in Jeonju..." Yong replied looking at Hyejin.

Suddenly, shots were heard from near the gates. Moon and Yong quickly drew their guns out, as well as Ryujin and Yeji. Hyejin turned her gaze towards the door where a familiar figure came in.

“Anybody looking for me?" Whee-in had a guileful smirk on her face.

Hyejin was shocked. Her eyes widened. This woman wasn't Whee-in. She looked like Whee-in, but her hair was short and black and she didn't feel like Whee-in.

"Surprise, surprise, bitches." Han-mi appeared from behind Whee-in with her men following after her. Her hands were empty as she placed her arm around Whee-in's shoulder. She pulls Whee-in in for a kiss as she looked at Hyejin.

Hyejin looked at the two in terror. She couldn't say anything. She was too surprised to even feel anything.

Han-mi lets go of Whee-in and wraps her arms around Whee-in's waist.

There was long silence before Yong spoke up. "Whee-in.. How..?.. What's the meaning of this?" She was just as shocked and confused as everyone else.

"Isn't it obvious, Yongsun? I thought you were smart. Or was I too good of a pretender you couldn't see through me before?" Whee-in was taunting Yong. She laughed silently, her shoulders shaking.

"You betrayed. You bitch. Why?!" Moon glared at Whee-in. She was fuming with anger and she was extremely tempted to pull the trigger of her gun, but they were surrounded by Han-mi's men armed with rifles. They were trapped.

"Hmm, let's see. Why? Maybe we should ask someone else?" Whee-in raised her right arm, holding a pistol. She aimed her gun at Hyejin's head. Her smirk disappeared. "You. You knew my father was alive all this time and you didn't tell me. Your father knew. But he chose to lie. He fucked up my life and so did you."

Whee-in turned her head to Moon. "Now you have your answer."

Hyejin swallowed and looked down. She couldn't look Whee-in in the eye. She couldn't deny what she said. She couldn't deny the truth. She couldn't say anything. The tension was suffocating.

Ryujin and Yeji whispered to each other. They recognized a fellow soldier among Lee Han-mi's men. There was a rat in the family all along.

"What? Hyejin.. Is she telling the truth?" Moon was in disbelief. She looked at Hyejin, anxious about her reply.

"Hyejin, was everything she said true?" Yong asked, turning her head left to look at Hyejin beside Moon.

"Yes.... It's..all true" Hyejin answered weakly. Her voice shook as she clinched her fists. Right now, she was losing her mind from the tension.

Whee-in scoffed. "See? Even you guys didn't know. But it's all good. I had to learn about it myself. " Whee-in took a step closer.

"Traitor." Hyejin muttered, looking at Whee-in with hatred in her eyes.

"Oh, I can assure you that this family crossed me first, and you know it" Whee-in tilted her head, glaring at Hyejin before smiling wickedly.

"How long? How long have you been doing this behind my back?" Hyejin wanted answers. Her body was trembling in fury.