Chapter 41: You Know?

🍋🌶️

.....

'Yong, stop the car', Whee-in texted Yong.

Yong got the text and stepped on the brakes as soon as she read it.

Whee-in who was following behind, stopped seeing Yong stop in front of her. She got out of her car and ran her fingers through her hair as she walked over to Yong.

Yong got out of her car and met Whee-in. She could sense that Whee-in was anxious about something, and she could feel her impatience just by looking at her as she approached closer.

"What's wrong, Whee-in?" Yong had the suspicion that Whee-in was extremely bothered by what she had told her earlier. So much that she stopped halfway through their return to the mansion.

Whee-in tried to calm down but she couldn't help but fidget. She was nervous, and nervousness was something she didn't want to feel.

"Yong, please just tell me what you want to tell me. It might be rude to say this, but the suspense is killing me. Something is telling me that what you're gonna say will not leave me alone for a long time. Please just tell me before we reach the mansion."

Whee-in was in distress. Yong was right about her intuition. She sighed and looked at Whee-in sincerely. As much as she didn't like it, she had to be the one to break the truth to Whee-in. She put her hands up, ready to calm Whee-in down.

Yong explained everything carefully. After she stopped talking, she saw Whee-in swallow hard, almost as if she was digesting everything without breaking down.

Yong then noticed how Whee-in's facial expression changed, especially her eyes which had a hint of hopelessness.

Whee-in was no softie. But hearing Yong's words made her fragile and weak. Her spirit faltered, and she ran her shaky fingers through her hair with a deep, long sigh.

"Does anyone else know about this..? Moon— does she know?" she asked hesitantly

"Just me.. And Hyejin.. I think she knows but she doesn't know that I do... Please don't hate her."

"I.. I don't know what to say." Whee-in looked up and jerked her head down. She felt like going hysterical but she controlled herself.

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier.." Yong looked down. Whee-in was her friend, and although she had no right to interfere, she couldn't bear keeping secrets from Whee-in.

"It's alright.. At least you let me know. Let's go back to the mansion for now." Whee-in said as calmly as she can.

"Y-yeah. You're right.." Yong replied.

Whee-in turned around and slowly walked back to her car.

Yong felt an unseen weight in her chest. It was heavy but she tried to ignore it. Whee-in would never hate Hyejin.. Right..?

The two resume their travel and soon got back in no time.

Whee-in thought hard about things. She didn't know how to feel about everything. She looked beside her. There was a gladiolus laid down on the shotgun seat. She looked at it intently. She just couldn't catch a break from getting into messes. But this was the life she chose. She's made her bed and now she's laying on it. She sighed, picking up the flower, holding its stem the way she held Hyejin. Carefully and gently, afraid she'd lose control and snap it.

Whee-in then got out of her car, flower in hand. She sighed again as she walked to the open door of the house. She stepped in and decided to just forget about everything for today. She was torn between secrets and thinking about it was giving her an unwanted headache. She looked ahead and met the eyes of a rather annoyed Ahn Hyejin who had her arms crossed as she glared at Whee-in.