Epilogue: White Flower

Whee-in looked at the road with great focus. It was early in the morning, yet it was already snowing, and all the snow made the roads slippery. Whee-in drove carefully, trying to get to her destination safely.

The struggle ended when she finally reached the place. A coffee shop in a Han territory. She parked her car and got off, an envelope in hand. She saw Taehyung's car and instantly recognized it. She then entered the establishment and looked for him.

Taehyung gestured to Whee-in the instant he saw her walk in.

Whee-in approached Taehyung and sat down across him.

Taehyung looked somewhat tired, as if he couldn't get a good sleep last night. It was probably due to the fact that he was now handling another big case. He fixed his hair and his tie as Whee-in sat down.

“May I?” he asked, referring to what Whee-in was carrying.

“Oh, here.” Whee-in handed Taehyung the envelope.

Taehyung opened it and nodded in approval. Just as he requested, it was full of printed information about the Jeon family. He flipped through and paused for a moment when he saw the picture of Jeon Jungkook along with some personal information. He guessed this was Whee-in's work. He was impressed.

“Good luck with your new assignment” Whee-in said.

“Thanks. I'm going to need it.” Taehyung replied. He knew that in order to work with the Jeon family well, he needed to know about them. But it was a difficult task. The Jeons were very private. In fact, he had only seen a high ranking Jeon once, and it was when Jungkook came to infiltrate the Lee mansion two years ago.

Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair. He had been assigned to go undercover with the help of the Jeons to keep the Jang family in check.

“Well, I'll be going now, V. In case you need information about the Jangs, you can call.”

“Thank you, Whee-in. Be careful on your way.” Taehyung looked up and smiled at Whee-in.

Whee-in nodded and turned to leave.

Watching Whee-in leave, Taehyung sighed. It was still there, that lingering feeling. It was even stronger than when he first felt it again, seven years ago. He was fresh into the academy when he was pulled out to become an insider. He then discovered that Whee-in was working for the Ahns, and Whee-in found out that he was undercover. They both agreed to keep each other's secrets and act like strangers.

Taehyung shook the memory off and put the papers back inside the envelope. He walked out of the coffee shop and returned to his car. He placed the envelope down on the seat beside him. He opened his compartment and took out a picture that he had kept there as a good luck charm.

It was their graduation picture, wherein he and his classmates stood together in one frame. He looked at the corner and saw himself and Whee-in standing next to each other, with him smiling wide. It was the only photo where they were together, and the only preserved memory he had of her.

Taehyung checked his phone. He saw that Ahn Hyejin had finally read all of his messages that he sent her under an anonymous number. They were actually photos of Whee-in and Hyejin together, which he had taken, hoping that it would help Hyejin realize how much Whee-in loved her, even before the incident with the Lees.

He had yet to move on from Whee-in. He knew that it wasn't easy, and there's a chance that he may never be able to. But at the end of the day, he only wished for Whee-in's happiness. And he knew that he was nothing like that for Whee-in, so he is trying to let go, slowly but surely.