Chapter 24: Bug

As promised, Whee-in came to where the intruder was being kept. It was the same room they used with all their other captives before. It was still three in the morning, but they were already up. Who could sleep after all that? Besides, Whee-in only felt that the wound was actually hurting if she stayed still. Moving around distracted her from the twinge in her back.

When Whee-in stepped in the room, the guy was already full of bruises, his lips swollen and busted, and his left eye was shut black.

It seems like Moon had spent a considerate amount of time softening the guy with her fist.

Moon had the sleeves of her shirt rolled up and her black tie was loosened. She turned to Whee-in as she entered. She stopped punching the guy who was still trying to act tough, despite his beat up state.

Yong was in the room as well. She had been standing in a corner, watching Moon induce physical pain on the man. As soon as Moon stopped punching, Yong approached Moon and checked her fists which were a little red. She then grabbed some ice from a nearby bucket and wrapped it in a towel, gently pressing it on the back of Moon's hands.

Moon thought that she could do it herself, but it didn't hurt to have Yong do it for her. This past week, she had felt like they were getting along better. She smiled unknowingly.

Whee-in saw how Yong looked at Moon. And she saw Moon smile. Now that was a spectacle. Who knew someone like Moon could ever smile? Whee-in ignored the two love birds and passed by them. She faced the guy who stabbed her.

Ryujin, who was standing in another corner in the room, gently tapped the shoulder of Yeji who was beside her. "Hey, wake up. Something's about to happen"

Yeji, a little sleepy, immediately opened her eyes and turned to Ryujin, who simply glanced at Whee-in.

Whee-in put her  hands against the table where the guy's tied hands were also placed. She looked at the two youngsters and said, "Ryujin, hand me the chisel and hammer", pointing to the tools that were in the table near the two. Ryujin quickly obeyed and went to Whee-in with the tools.

"Hold his hand open", Whee-in ordered. And it was funny, because just as she did, the guy realized he was in trouble.

The guy started to confess about everything, starting with his name. He was Lee Heojeon, son of Lee Hang-eun, a famous politician and an associate of the Lee family. He was ordered by his father to give Hyejin a warning for the upcoming event, and he had gotten in through the help of a member within the Ahn family whom he paid.

Hearing all the information, Yeji could almost clap in approval. Whee-in was very effective in getting to know what she wants to.

Nevertheless, Whee-in could not give a single damn. Knowing that this guy was one of the Lees only made Whee-in want to hurt him more. She went on with it anyway, and soon enough the blood curling scream of the guy echoed in the walls.

It was already six when Dong-hyeon came to Hyejin's office and reported about everything. He had observed that one of them who were guarding the gates did seem to be acting strange since yesterday, and that the intruder had timed his entrance so no one else saw him climb.

Hyejin simply nodded after hearing everything Dong-hyeon had to say. She dismissed him, telling him to keep up the good job and keep an eye out. It looks like this was going to be much more complicated than they thought.

Whee-in then came by, and Hyejin who was really sleepy immediately felt awake.

Hyejin's heart raced and she felt like black coffee had been injected directly into her veins as soon as Whee-in stepped foot in the office.