Chapter 3: The Way You Look At Me

Moonstar was sitting on the edge of the bed beside Yong who has noticed earlier that something was off.

"So what happened?" Yong suddenly asked, catching Moon off guard but Moon realized that she was obviously not herself.

"Conflict of interest" Moon briefly replied.

"That kind of conflict, huh? I didn't know you were the type of person to sulk over something that shallow, Byul" Yong teased Moon.

"I am not sulking..." Moon protests but her dreadful voice says otherwise.

"You're good at suppressing your emotions, Byul. But you're not a very good liar" Yong chuckles.

Moonstar just sighs.

"You're not going anywhere else today?" Yong asks.

"I'm free for the rest of the day"

"Got dismissed early, I see. Well, how about we go get a drink?" Yong offered.

"Kim Yongsun. You do know that you have low alcohol tolerance, right?" Moon asked Yong with sincerity.

"So? I can just drink less and eat more. Besides, you need the alcohol more than I do" Yong replied.

"I guess" Byul then exhaled sharply.

"You've really changed in the past month, Byul. You're... holding back"

"Well, losing two father figures at the same time isn't really inspiring" Moon smiles a little and looks up before looking down.

"You are brave, Byul" Yong praises her as she subconsciously places her hand on Moon's leg.

Moonstar looked at Yong who was saying something. She couldn't exactly focus though, as she was distracted by Yong's lips.

Yong noticed Moon's gaze and she tried to change the topic. "So, uh, Byul."

"What is it, Yong?" Moon shook off the distraction and looked Yong in the eyes now.

"How are the areas under your supervision doing?" Yong asks.

"It's good. There's been talks because of the incident, but otherwise..."

Moon kept on talking and now it was Yong who couldn't stop looking at Moon's eyes then lips. Moon noticed it and found it a little strange so she turned away.

"Let's go" Moon says out of nowhere as she stands up.

"Where are we going?"

"For a drive? We could eat something in the city."

"Sounds great. But what about Whee In? "

"She'll get accepted."

"Okay" Yong gets up as well and follows Moon.

Moon walked with Yong to her car and opened the door for Yong. Yong smiled politely before getting in. Moon moves to the driver's seat and closes the door. She sits accordingly, looks at Yong and pauses for a moment. Moon felt it again. Her eyes were being drawn to Yong's lips but she fought off the distraction.

"Something wrong, Byul?" Yong asks

"Nothing. Just..." Moon moves in closer to Yong which shocks Yong a little. But she says still even as Moon was only an inch further from kissing her. In a swift second, Moon manages to grab the seat belt near Yong and strap her in. She then grabbed her own seat belt and strapped herself in. Yong found the gesture nice, but she was at a loss for words until Moon starts the engine and starts driving.