Chapter 19: Great Interest

Yong opened her eyes to the sunlight slowly creeping in through the quarters' open window. She must've dosed off for about a couple of hours. She stretched out and felt a bit of stiffness in her shoulder. She stood up and blinked. She saw Moon walking to her as she yawned.

Moon handed Yong an ice pack. "Here"

"Thanks."

"I apologize for earlier." Moon had fallen asleep on Yong's shoulder at midnight and she had woken up by four. She fixed herself and went to the mansion's kitchen to cook something as the maids and other family members prepared food for the youngsters. The youngsters were now outside.

"There's no need to apologize", Yong took the ice pack and pressed it against her shoulder. "How long was I out for?"

"You were already asleep when I woke up at dawn. I'd say three or four hours. I continued watching in your place."

"Oh. I see. Thank you." Yong was thankful that Moon continued to do her job even if they didn't get proper sleep.

"You should eat now. Then you can head outside." Moon pointed to a table near the door.

Yong nodded.

"I'll be going now" Moon turned to leave.

"I'll catch up later" Yong stood up and walked to the table to find food served neatly on a plate, along with rice on a bowl and chopsticks. The food was still a little hot as Yong took a bite with her free hand. It was delicious.

Yong sat down to eat. While eating, she wondered if Moon had cooked this herself. She looked at the food and ate slowly. Despite the dish supposedly being spicy, it did not really taste that spicy. It had just enough spice, balanced by other ingredients. So Moon did cook it.

Yong remembered that Moon didn't like eating food that was too spicy. One time in the past, Yong's mother came by the mansion and they had gathered to watch her cook. When asked about how much chili powder to put in, she responded by saying she didn't like eating something too spicy.

Moon had actually prepared ingredients for the meal after she woke up and cooked the meal shortly before she returned to check on Yong at six.

Realizing the effort that Moon put in this despite only having cooked for herself her entire life, Yong felt butterflies in her stomach.

She smiled. She was supposed to be the one making Moon feel this way, not the other way around. Whee-in was right. Yong was even more determined now, even though it was a little terrifying how easily Moon could make Yong's heart flutter or break it if she wanted.

Yong finished eating and cleaned up. She cleaned herself and was completely woken up by a cold shower. After changing her clothes, she grabbed a towel from her bag of clothes and joined the group outside. When she reached the field, the youngsters were already running. Whee-in, along with their other members, was there standing from afar and watching them, as Moon ran behind them.

Whee-in looked at Yong. Yong walked to where Whee-in was and smiled. "You feel asleep, didn't you?" Whee-in had actually seen Moon and Yong sleeping side by side earlier as she went to the quarters to replace someone and watch the place.

"Kind of" Yong smiled awkwardly as she looked down on the ground where there were several water bottles. "By the way, Whee-in" Yong looked up.

"Hmm?"

"What if Hyejin still likes Moon?" Yong asked all of a sudden.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll find out for you. Focus on your goal now" Whee-in calmly replied, her eyes on Moon and the youngsters.