Chapter 48: Connections

What exactly was Whee-in thinking, Yong?” Moon asked her girlfriend who was driving the car. Irritation was evident in her tone.

“Moon.. I'm not saying anything unless you calm down first.” Yong glanced at Moon who was putting pressure against her wound.

Moon rolled her eyes. She sighed. “Fine..”

“Whee-in made a plan. The first half of it is done. I 'died', the Lees attacked, and we defended our territories.” Yong said as she focused on the road

“So Min Yoon-gi coming with us was part of the plan?”

“Yes. His men are spread across our territories. They helped us out earlier. Even Park Jimin and the Jeons.”

Moon's face showed annoyance as she heard the playboy's name.

“Be nice to him the next time you see him. I'm telling you the rest as soon as we get back to the mansion.”

There was silence between the two.

“I thought... I really thought I lost you.” Moon looks out of the window. She could see Eric following behind, as well as Min Yoon-gi.

“I'm here now, Byul. I'm so sorry if you thought I was dead, but it had to happen for the sake of putting an end to all the family problems.”

“Let's talk after all this.” Moon said without looking at Yong.

Yong nodded. She knew Moon was definitely angry and frustrated, so she chose not to say anything.

The pair arrived at the mansion shortly. Dong-hyeon let them in. He was a little shocked at first but he quickly understood. Yong got out of Moon's car and helped her out.

Eric and Seokjin stepped out of the police car. Min Yoongi parked his car and got out. Jung Hoseok, who fell asleep in the backseat of Yoongi's car, was awakened by the sudden stop. He got out of the car as Yoongi opened the door for him.

“Thanks.” Hoseok smiled briefly at Yoongi before they joined the others.

Yong and Moon walked in on Hyejin sitting in the living room.

Hyejin had managed to pull herself and set aside her feelings. She had just confirmed that their people were safe. She sighed as she put her phone down after the last call she had to make. Getting on the phone calls was a way to distract herself from going completely insane.

Shin Ryujin put her phone down as well. She stood behind her boss and became relieved to see that Hyejin was in control of herself.

Hyejin looked up to the door's direction. She saw Yong walk in and she couldn't believe it. “Yong?!​ You're alive! Wha— how?”​ she stood up and approached Yong teary eyed.

Yong pulled Hyejin into a hug and lightly tapped her back. “I'll explain everything.”

“Moon! You're bleeding —again!” Hyejin glanced at Moon. She pulled away from the hug and examined Moon. Ryujin, surprised by Yong being alive, also came forward but stood back when Moon spoke.

“This is nothing, Hyejin. At least the others are safe.” Moon met Hyejin's eyes before she looked behind her.

Hyejin looked at the people who had just stepped inside.

She quickly recognized Eric Nam and Kim Seokjin. She glanced at the other two. If she remembered correctly, the one with pale skin and long black hair was Min Yoongi. And the last one.. “You're Whee-in's cousin” she muttered.