Chapter 39: Jealousy

Whee-in couldn't help but look so grumpy and uptight.

Not when Hyejin was being asked invasive questions by the press. One reporter asked her whether she was planning to get married soon. Another asked her if she had overcome her alcohol addiction.

Hearing everything, Whee-in clinched her fist. She wanted throw a chair to these people to make them stop. These questions were way irrelevant and they were simply harassing Hyejin. However, she chose to calm herself as she saw that Hyejin was keeping her cool.

Hyejin was trying her best not to slip and say anything that will only lead the press to ask more stupid questions. The cameras behind the press kept flashing, but it didn't bother her. She had been through plenty of these situations and it doesn't faze her anymore. She glanced at Whee-in for a second. She didn't care if the world was harsh to her. She had Whee-in, the source of her strength.

"Is it true that you are in a relationship with a woman?" a journalist asked, catching Hyejin off guard.

The others became quiet, waiting for a response.

Suddenly, a man with brown hair took the podium and redirected the crowd's attention to himself. "I believe that this is not time to be asking such questions. Please keep in mind that this is a business conference. And I believe that Ms. Ahn still has other important business to" the man spoke with conviction.

Hyejin smiled politely at him, silently thanking him for getting the troublesome people off her back. The man smiled back, making way for Hyejin to exit the room.

Whee-in scoffed. She looked at the man. He was James Cha, a half-English, half-Korean businessman who was one of the Ahn company's new investors. He had quite the influence and reputation, being a CEO of his own company at the age of only 26.

James stood in front of the press, still not very used to the flashing of the cameras.

"Mr. Cha, what can you say about the rumors of you and Ms. Ahn dating?" a male reporter asked.

Whee-in frowned. She wasn't surprised at all. She had seen the question coming from a mile away. It was only a week ago when photos of Hyejin and James eating together were leaked. Of course, it was only due to formality as it was the talk that helped Hyejin convince James to invest in the company.

Whee-in was none the wiser that day. She was distracted by the fact that it was the same day that Lee Jongmin and Han-mi had returned. She had asked her acquaintance to take photos for her, but she had no idea that someone was secretly taking photos of Hyejin.

"The rumors are not true. As much as I like Ms. Ahn, we are not dating." James' answer made Hyejin look down. She wasn't sure if he was just trying to lighten up the mood or if he was being serious.

Whee-in glared at James. She expected James to dismiss the question properly with what he said earlier. But it seems like the punk has other plans. She suddenly felt like punching him in the face.

"But would you consider dating her?" it was the same reporter who asked the question earlier.

"I mean, if she would give me a chance, why not?" James smiled with his teeth. "Really, you can ask those questions later. Let's just do business first." James brushed the topic off quickly.

Hyejin looked at Whee-in who was watching James as he talked. Hyejin thought she saw contempt in Whee-in's eyes, but she shook her head thinking she must be imagining things.

Whee-in's eyebrows were furrowed. At this point she was convinced that James was interested in Hyejin and she was in the middle of making a decision on whether she wanted to get rid of the nasty reporters or James first. Her jaw clenched.