Chapter 28: The 'Hwa' In 'Hwasa'

Whee-in stood on the street outside of the run-down three storey building that was supposedly where the kidnapper was keeping Seo-ha. Whee-in removed the tie she had on, along with her suit. She opened the first button on her shirt, then her phone rang and she quickly answered the call.

"Whee-in?"

"Yes, Mr. Han? I'm here outside the building. I'm about to go in. He's alone in there, am I right?" Whee-in was a little suspicious of something and she couldn't help but grip her gun tightly with the thought of it.

"Yes, he is. I was able to make him think he won. I know this might sound strange, but if you can, can you please keep him alive? I need to know something."

"I can't promise that, but I'll try."

"I see. Be careful then, Whee-in."

"I'll do my best"

Whee-in hung up and shut down her phone, putting it back on the pocket of her pants. She put her suit and tie on the backseat of her car which was parked on the roadside. Whee-in then rolled up her sleeves and checked her watch. 9:05 pm. She probably should have gone by her apartment, but she needed to hurry and didn't have the time to change. The roads were extremely slippery, as the rain was still pouring.

The rain had started to soak up Whee-in's red hair, giving it a darker shade. Whee-in put a silencer on her pistol after she finished checking if she had enough bullets loaded. Whee-in looked at the building once more, unable to shake off this strange feeling. She took a deep breath as she put the safety off of her gun and cocked it. She crossed the road and headed to the wooden front door of the building, gun in hand and her objective in mind.

It was already nine when Hyejin realized Whee-in was missing and asked Moon and Yong about where she could be.

Yong and Moon, both with puffy eyes, could not say anything about where Whee-in was. They didn't even see her leave the mansion.

Yong tried to calm down the anxious Hyejin. She accompanied her to the mansion's kitchen and gave her a glass of water to drink.

Dong-hyeon came inside the kitchen, a little soaked from walking under the rain and said he saw Whee-in drive her car out of the mansion. He thought she was simply going home, but when he tried calling Whee-in's landlady, she said she didn't see Whee-in come by at all.

Hearing this, Hyejin couldn't hold back as she threw the glass on the floor, shattering it instantly. Maids quickly cleaned up the mess.

Dong-hyeon flinched a little, seeing and hearing the glass break. It was at this moment that he knew his boss was really pissed off.

"Nobody is sleeping tonight until you find out where Jung Whee-in is." Hyejin's brows were crossed and her fists were clinched.

The three quickly nodded. This was the first time Hyejin had been this mad in a long time.

Moon and Yong couldn't look at each other, and they couldn't look at Hyejin either. Her face right now only meant one thing: Whee-in was in trouble.

Whee-in was in trouble all right. As soon as she twisted the wooden door's knob open, she was greeted by an armed thug. Thankfully, her quick reflexes allowed her to shoot the man straight in the head and grab his body to keep it from falling and making a sound. Blood splattered on the ground and on Whee-in's sleeves.

"Hey, Min-hyuk! Who's at the door? What the hell is taking you so long to check?!" a man's voice called from inside.

Whee-in's eyes then widened at the realization that she was right about her suspicion. 'Well, no turning back now', Whee-in thought. She dropped the guy's body and entered.