Chapter 38: Reconciliation

Hyejin felt nervous. Whee-in had entered her office earlier, but she still couldn't muster the courage to initiate the conversation. She couldn't look Whee-in in the eye. She tapped her fingers together as she opened her mouth to say something.

"I—"​ the two speak at the same time but they quickly became silent.

Whee-in cleared her throat. "Since I was at fault for lying, it's only right for me to say sorry. I'm sorry for not saying anything. I should've called you so you didn't have to worry." Whee-in looked at Hyejin sincerely.

"I didn't really give you a chance to explain yourself either. If you want to say something, you can say it now" Hyejin responded.

"I never planned to meet with Seo-ha. It was only a coincidence that I ran into her while I was leaving. She asked me if I wanted to talk to her grandfather and I said yes. That's why she brought me to the hotel where Mr. Han has been staying."

"Hence the photos." Hyejin rubbed her temples. Did she really get jealous over nothing?

"You had photos?" Whee-in simply thought that Hyejin had someone follow her.

Hyejin covered her mouth. She slipped.

"You know what? It doesn't even matter. What's done is done"

"I'm sorry." Hyejin bit her lower lip as she looked away. Not only was she being paranoid, she was also unable to tell Whee-in about what she found out earlier.

"Hmm?"

"I was really worried about you. I know that you always get in trouble somehow. But I really don't want to lose you. The idea of you being hurt is enough to scare me."
Hyejin looked up at Whee-in with a tear on her eye. "I love you and I don't want you to be in any form of danger."

Hearing Hyejin, Whee-in suddenly felt bad. She swallowed, and she slowly approached Hyejin to wipe her tears away.

Hyejin held Whee-in's hand close as her fingers touched her skin.

"Can we still fix what's between us?" Hyejin asked

"I was hoping we can"

"Do you really love me?" Hyejin still had a few doubts

"I know I haven't done a lot to prove it, but I do. I love you, Ahn Hyejin. If I had to say that everyday for you to believe me, I will. The time I spent alone made me realize that life is not the same without you."

"Then can we be honest with our feelings from hereon out? I don't want to fight with you over petty things."

"I'm not the most expressive person, but I'll do my best." Whee-in kissed Hyejin's hand.

Hyejin smiled and leaned in, her lips meeting Whee-in's. It was a familiar feeling, and no words could describe how it made her feel.

Whee-in kissed back softly. She wished time could stand still for a moment.

Hyejin pulled away. "Call me by name from now on, okay?"

"Okay." Whee-in nodded. "Hyejin"

"That's better" Hyejin fixed Whee-in's hair and she remembered something. "Oh, before I forget. Do you have an idea who sent this? I haven't really been able to examine it" Hyejin took out a piece of paper from her pocket and handed it to Whee-in. It was folded and Whee-in opened it.

Upon opening the paper, Whee-in was greeted by words written in what seems to be blood. She instantly recognized the handwriting.

The message written goes: "Damn you. The next time I see you, I'll make sure it will be your end"

Tsundere × Mobsterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें