Chapter 8: What Just Happened?

"Boss? Are you here?" Whee-in calls for Hyejin as she enters her room. She looked around the room and found no one. She looked harder then noticed a silhouette in the curtains. She approached the person owning the silhouette and was relieved that it was Hyejin, standing on the balcony wearing black pyjamas and drinking wine, holding a glass on her right hand and the wine bottle on her left.

"Oh. It's you" Hyejin takes a glance at Whee-in before taking another sip from her glass. "What do you need? If you want to go home, you can go" Hyejin adds, rolling her eyes and drinking down the rest of the wine in her glass in one sip.

Whee-in carefully reminded herself of Hyejin's temper and what happened earlier. It was tempting to mess with Hyejin, but even a blind man could see that she wasn't in the mood for anything silly.

"I was just checking on you before I go to sleep in the quarters" Whee-in replied as politely as she can.

"Well, nothing to check on. You can just go. I'm good. I'm so goooddd. I feel greattt" Hyejin blurts out with a dreaded voice and sarcastic tone. It was then that Whee-in noticed Hyejin's face was a little red. She came closer to check if she was drunk.

Whee-in put up three fingers in front of Hyejin, asking her, "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Hehe... Five, of course" Hyejin answers with a giggle and even tries to bite Whee-in's hand. She then tries to drink straight from the bottle, but Whee-in quickly stops her.

"Okay. You are clearly drunk. That's enough drinking for tonight" Whee-in sighed as she grabbed the glass and bottle from Hyejin and puts them down on the floor a safe distance from them.

"Yah! Why are you such a killjoy? I'm the boss! I can do whatever I want! Whoo!" Hyejin yells out and attempts to climb off the railing, with Whee-in immediately grabbing her from behind.

"Wha—" Hyejin​ suddenly turns around and the two's eyes meet. Their faces were very close and Whee-in could really smell the wine's scent on Hyejin's breath.

Whee-in quickly looks away and pulls Hyejin further away from the railings and back into the room. But Hyejin was resisting so much that she knocked both her and Whee-in down to the floor.

They both fell, Whee-in head first and Hyejin falling with her face down to... Whee-in's face..?

Whee-in's eyes widened, feeling Hyejin's lips on her lips.

She immediately tried to get up but struggled with Hyejin on top of her. Hyejin was smiling with droopy eyes as her hand reached out to touch Whee-in's cheek, but she passes out and her head falls on Whee-in's neck. Whee-in felt Hyejin's weight and turned her over. Whee-in was still in shock but she managed to tell herself to pick up Hyejin.

Using all of her strength, she picked up Hyejin from the floor and carried her to the bed. Thankfully, Hyejin wasn't too heavy. Whee-in carefully laid Hyejin down. She tucked her in and covered her with a blanket. She sighed and was about to walk away but she heard Hyejin mumbling in her sleep.

"Moon... Don't go.." Hyejin mumbles and a tear falls from her eye. Whee-in sighed again thinking, 'Moon, what did you do?'. She leans over and wipes Hyejin's tear. She then steps back as quietly as she can and heads to the balcony to clean up. While there, she looks up at the sky and breathes out sharply. It was a starry night and the wind was cold. What a time to be alive.

After cleaning up, Whee-in quietly left the room and shut the door. While heading downstairs, it was then that it all sunk in. 'What just happened?', she asked herself, touching her lips. Whee-in was left in thought like that as she headed to the quarters.