Chapter 40: Don't Hurt Her

Whee-in woke up from her sleep. She sat up and looked at Hyejin who was beside her. They were both naked under the sheets, and Whee-in figured Hyejin must be tired from all of the love-making they did last night.

Whee-in leaned in, checking to see if Hyejin was still sleeping. She confirmed it with her steady, slow breathing. Whee-in then left Hyejin a kiss on her cheeks with the words, "I love you"

Whee-in got off the bed and picked up her clothes. Putting them on, she checked her phone. It was 4 in the morning, and the she had received a text from a certain person. She finished putting her clothes on. She decided that she will just have to shower later. She had to go now, before Hyejin could wake up.

She left the room as quietly as she can. She closed the door behind her, but not before turning her head and catching a glimpse of the sleeping Hyejin as she sighed.

"Whee-in? You’re calling early in the morning. What's up?" Whee-in's acquaintance was not a morning person, proven by the groan from the other line.

Whee-in had contacted her acquaintance as she went down the stairs. "I know how you hate when I call you when it's this early. But you must already know that I'm meeting someone today. What's Han-mi doing?"

"Let's see... Uh.. She's smiling..? She's creepy. Yikes. But wait.. You're meeting Han-mi?" the acquaintance was clearly in disbelief.

"I am. But I'm meeting someone else before that."

"Still. Are you out of your mind?" Whee-in could detect that her acquaintance was trying to keep the volume down and fight the urge to scold her.

"I know what I'm doing. I have to do this. This is important. Just do your job and keep your eyes on Han-mi."

The acquaintance sighed. "Fine.. And don't forget you still have to go to Jeonju."

"I know." Whee-in had a poker face on, as she made her way to her car.

"You'll go with me to the aquarium after all this, right?"

"Yeah. Goodbye." Whee-in ended the call. She sighed as she ended the call. She started her car's engine. On her way out, she instructed Dong-hyeon to not say a single word to Hyejin, and that she'll be back later.

Dong-hyeon nodded obediently. Whee-in had a higher rank than him, it is only right for him to follow her orders. But of course, if it was Hyejin who would ask him, he'd probably end up telling her everything. She was the boss, after all.

Whee-in drove off, exiting the mansion and heading to the port in the southwestern part of city.

Unknown to her, Yong had actually seen her leave. Yong quickly and carefully followed after Whee-in.

Whee-in could now make out the image of a man standing in an almost empty storehouse in the pier. She had arrived after some time of driving, and she walked here from her car.

"About time you showed up" the man said in a condescending tone.

"Do me a favor and shut your mouth for once" Whee-in almost rolled her eyes.

The man only chuckled. "What did you want me here for?" he asked

"There's no need to beat around the bush. I know who hired you. Whatever amount she paid you, I'll double it. Just leave Ahn Hyejin alone" Whee-in told the reporter.
This was the same person who took the photos last week. He was also the one behind those stupid questions.

"Now that's a good deal" the man grinned instantly.

"Do you understand what's going to happen if you speak about any part of this conversation?" Whee-in was serious as hell.