Chapter 25: When The Clock Strikes Twelve

Yong looked at herself carefully in the mirror. She scanned her reflection and turned a little bit to see her back which was exposed by the gown that hugged her curves perfectly. She smiled, showing off her cherry red lips and pearly whites. She couldn't deny that she looked good in maroon. It was also a good idea that she had dyed her hair.

Yong took a step away from the mirror and looked at Moon who was in her crimson red suit and pants.

Moon couldn't hide the irritation on her face as she put on a tie. She hated events like this. Whether it's because she knows how dangerous it could get or because she just doesn't like seeing all those other devils in one place, it only made her hate it more.

Yong smiled seeing Moon's irritated expression. She knew how much Moon dislikes parties like this one. She approached Moon and helped her with the tie.

Moon was a little shocked but she stood still and let Yong tie it. The black tie had the same color as their hair which they had dyed black a few days earlier, after Hyejin allowed them to. Which was a good decision, since they would probably stand out too much even with such a big crowd. And besides, their roots were starting to grow out.

Moon caught wind of Yong's perfume. 'Goodness, she smells good', Moon thought but she quickly brushed it off. Lately, she has noticed that spending time with Yong had somehow made her sensitive to things. Not only that, Yong had somehow managed to remove the filter in Moon's mind, to the point that random thoughts now pop up in her head, like 'Has Yong eaten yet?', or 'Where's Yong?', only to catch herself and turn around to see Yong smile. Moon found it both liberating and bothering— the fact that Yong was slowly taking away her sense of self-control, without her even realizing it. And tonight was no different. It was even more hypnotizing to see Yong in her gown, her back and shoulders fairly exposed. Moon swallowed.

"There we go", Yong said, stepping back as she finished Moon's tie for her.

Moon blinked and looked at Yong as she said, "Thanks, Yong." She then looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, putting her hands in the pocket of her pants.

Yong chuckled softly. She found it funny that Moon knew there was no other way around it. They were not attending the party simply as Hyejin's associates. They'll be attending as company shareholders. Both their fathers had invested in the company, and when Mr. Moon passed away, Byul inherited his share, adding to her own personal share.

That said, when Yong's father left, his shares were handed over to Yong, who invested with her own money later.

"Let's go, Yong." Moon turned to Yong. "We have to go back to the mansion. Hyejin and Whee-in should already be ready as well."

Yong nodded. The two leave Moon's house and made their way back to the mansion.

Whee-in had actually just arrived back at the mansion. She had gone home earlier to prepare and get dressed. She put on a black three-piece suit and put a handkerchief with a pattern of yellow flowers in her chest pocket. She was after all, still Hyejin's body guard and it made sense for her to display a family symbol. Come to think of it, she never really quite identified what the yellow flower was, and she always thought it was gladiolus. She scratched her ear as she went upstairs to Hyejin's bedroom. She knocked at the door and stepped in when she heard Hyejin say, 'come in'.

Hyejin was standing in front of the mirror, checking herself. Her strapless black gown was elegant, and it gave her body more definition, embracing her hips, waist and chest. She saw Whee-in approach her slowly through the mirror. "Whee-in?"

"Yes, boss?" Whee-in quickly responded after she was shortly distracted by Hyejin elegant figure.

"Help me put on my necklace." Hyejin said as she pointed to her necklace on her bed.