Chapter 11: The Taste Of Pain

× Warning: This chapter may contain explicit and/or violent content along with mature language. Read at your own risk. ×

........................................................................................................................

"Come on, Yong", Moon said as she unbuckled her seat belt and got off the car. She then moved to open the door for Yong who had just unbuckled her seat belt too.

Yong got out of the car as Moon made sure it was easy to get to before walking out the garage of the Kang family compound to the main door of the family house. The place was heavily guarded due to the incident earlier.

As soon as the two stepped inside the house, they were welcomed by the very unwelcoming look of Kang Chanyeol who simply raised an eyebrow before asking, "What brings you here?"

"We're here to see your cousin. Where is she?" Moon replied

"She's in the study upstairs. You better watch your mouth around her. And no funny business", Chanyeol warned the two.

The two simply nod as they go upstairs. On the wall near the staircase, a big picture hang. In the picture was Seulgi's father who is retired and is currently traveling abroad, he is the center of the photo, to his right was Chanyeol, and to the left was Seulgi.

Yong remembered that Chanyeol was an orphan. His mother died in childbirth and his father, who was the brother of Seulgi's father, died when Chanyeol was just a boy. Since then he had been raised by Seulgi's father like his own son. It made sense that Chanyeol was so protective over Seulgi. He must love her like a sister.

Yong and Moon soon reached the study. Moon knocked on the door before coming in. She then opened the door as soon as she heard Seulgi say, "Come in."

They came in and saw Seulgi who was sitting near a table, closing a book. Seulgi who was just reading, closed her book when she saw the two women in front of her.

"Oh? What are you doing here? Are you here to insult me again?" Seulgi asked with a sarcastic smile, and looked at Yong intentionally.

Yong was not happy to hear Seulgi's tone, let alone see her smile like that with her red lips. Yong was about to speak up when Moon said,"We came here to personally apologize for any misunderstanding earlier. And I also apologize for what my colleague has said earlier." Moon bowed. Yong followed, even though she was still against apologizing to this woman. It was still their fault after all, jeopardizing the safety of both families by being so careless and allowing an intruder in their force.

"Well, I am willing to forgive you..." Seulgi said which made the two look up.

"But on one condition" Seulgi continues.

"Which is?" Moon asked.

"Come closer and I'll tell you", Seulgi said to Moon, gesturing with her fingers for Moon to come closer.

Without question, Moon stepped up and came close enough for Seulgi to whisper in her ear. Seulgi then smirked, seeing Moon nod after hearing her condition.

Yong felt annoyed somehow after being left out, not to mention that Seulgi was now looking at Moon like a child drooling over a candy. But what caught her off guard was when Moon turned to her and said, "You can go first Yong. Go and wait for me in the car."

This made Yong extremely curious and she raised an eyebrow at Moon. Moon was just firm and looked as calm as ever, as if telling Yong, 'Just do as I say'.

"Alright" Yong responded as she left the room and closed the door behind her. She then went back to Moon's car to wait for Moon there. While waiting for Moon to come back, she checked her phone and saw that Hyejin had texted her, saying Whee-in was now awake. She decided to call Hyejin.