Chapter 34: Rendezvous

"What's the matter, Whee-in?", Hyejin asked. She could sense that Whee-in was about to say something serious. Hyejin raised her eyebrows in anticipation.

"I need to go somewhere. But I won't be gone for long. I just want to get a little air" Whee-in answered. She was asking for permission now to avoid the recurrence of what happened before.

"Uhm. Alright" Hyejin replied, still a little hesitant about letting Whee-in out of her sight. But she wanted to put her trust in Whee-in.

"Thank you for letting me go. I'll be back before you know it." Whee-in smiled and kissed Hyejin's cheeks before she exited her office. She then drove out of the mansion to where she intended to meet her acquaintance.

Whee-in sat patiently at a coffee shop, waiting for a certain someone to come through the door. She observed and watched, until a familiar figure entered.

Whee-in's acquaintance found her thanks to her outstanding red hair and took a seat across her.

"I made sure I wasn't followed. It's hard getting away from all the eyes these days. Did you make sure no one followed you, Whee-in?" Whee-in's acquaintance smiled a little.

"No one followed me. But let's make this quick before she sends someone to look for me" Whee-in said, checking the time on her watch.

It was already three in the afternoon, and the place was almost completely silent, save for the occasional noise made by the group of teenagers who sat near the two.

"Alright. Since you're in a hurry, I'll cut you some slack. All I'm sure of is that Lee Jongmin might return to the country next month. There wasn't much on the phone, but there was enough for me to conclude that."

Whee-in became quiet for a while before she spoke up.
"The photos you sent me before. Could it really be... "

"There's a very big probability"

"Then that means"

"They'll use it as an opportunity to get to you and your boss"

Whee-in cursed silently.

"Anything else?" Whee-in asked.

"Lee Han-mi just left for America yesterday. I think..."

"She's going to reunite and later return with her father" Whee-in's nightmare was slowly coming to reality. She massaged her temple as her acquaintance talked.

"I'll continue to investigate. For the meantime, you should really watch out for anything. Even without Han-mi here, her men are itching to get their fists on you. Especially with what happened involving the Hans. Be careful."

Whee-in nodded as she simply responded, "I will. Keep up the good work. We'll be out of this mess soon."

Whee-in's acquaintance smiled, standing up and then leaving the place carefully looking around.

Whee-in sighed. Things were definitely starting to become troublesome and she wasn't too sure if she could completely prepare for it, even more so with Hyejin in her life now.

She decided to leave when she ran into someone who was about to enter.

"Oh! Whee-in unnie! It's a shock to see you here"

"Seo-ha.." Whee-in smiled a little as Seo-ha looked at her fondly and greeted her cheerfully.

"What are you doing here, unnie?" Seo-ha asked curiously.