Chapter 14: A Special Occasion

Whee-in put on her tie. It was the first time she ever put on this one. It was a special, yellow, flower-patterned tie exclusively given to high ranking members of the family, to be worn if they meet with other families.

"Let me help you with that", Hyejin offered as she did a half-windsor knot for Whee-in. She then folded Whee-in's collar as she stepped back.

Whee-in was caught off guard. It was rare for Hyejin to be in the quarters, much more that she will talk with her. Whee-in then put on her blazer. She glanced at Hyejin who enjoyed watching Whee-in get dressed.

Hyejin thought Whee-in dressing up was amusing, but what more if she was getting undressed?. She caught herself and stopped the thoughts. It was unhealthy for her to be having perverted thoughts so early in the morning. What she didn't realize was that she had been smiling all this time.

Whee-in couldn't help but be a little weirded out by Hyejin so she chose to just look away as she fixed herself.

Yong then arrived. She gets surprised by Hyejin being in the quarters as well, and she instantly noticed how the place became silent even with their other people being there. Hyejin's presence really scares them into silence.

"What's the matter Yong?" Hyejin asked, to which Yong answered, "Moon and I are ready and we will be waiting outside for the two of you"

"There's no need to wait, we're ready to go" Hyejin responded, taking Whee-in's hand who just tucked her gun in.

The four were to represent the Ahn family and they head to the families' usual meeting place, the Jang family compound. This time, Moon and Yong drove their cars while Whee-in drove Hyejin's car. They arrived at the compound and parked their cars near each other to avoid confusion. There were plenty of cars belonging to other families. Whee-in counted. There were twelve cars, including theirs.

They head to the house at the center of the compound, which was heavily guarded by four of the home owner's men. They stood straight, their wide muscular bodies undeniable despite the suits they were wearing.

Yong could sense the men staring at the but she  just rolled her eyes and chose to ignore them. If she did something now, it would only give the other families a bad impression and would cause trouble for them, especially Hyejin. She didn't want that.

Moon, however, looked the guy from head to toe, glaring at him as a warning. The men staring recognized Moon and immediately looked away.

They then enter the living room and they instantly caught the attention of different people from different families. Hyejin puts her guard up as she goes to greet Jang Geon Do, the head of the Jang family and the host of today's gathering. Hyejin bowed a little and tried to smile, despite Jang's clear hostility, only nodding and saying nothing. Fortunately, Jang did ask one of his men to guide Hyejin and the other three around the place.

Moon couldn't stop looking around. She felt uneasy, something that was made worse by what happened last week. She told herself that this time, she will not allow any mishaps to happen. She looked at Yong but quickly looked away. It's been two weeks since they stopped talking. Why did she even care? As long as she and Yong could do their jobs properly, there was no problem.

Moments later, the members of the families were called to a meeting room. Each of them then take a seat around the long table on the center of the room. At the end of the table sat
Jang Geon Do, with two of his most trusted men standing behind him, at the other end of the table sat the head of the
Son family, his right hand man standing beside him. On the right side near Jang sat the Jeon family head and three of his men. Next to the Jeons were the Parks, with their head and two of their high-ranking men. In between the Parks and the Son family is the Han family head and three of his associates.