Chapter 22: For Your Own Good

"Let's go out for dinner tonight"

Whee-in couldn't quite hear what Hyejin just said, but it was enough to remove the thought of the other day's incident from her mind.

"Sorry, what did you just say? I didn't really catch it" Whee-in turned to Hyejin who was sitting on her office desk.

"I was saying we should go out for dinner this evening" Hyejin said once more, putting down paperwork and turning her computer off. She looked up at Whee-in who seemed lost in her thoughts earlier, standing by the glass walls of the company building and looking out to the city as the setting sun painted it orange.

"I'll drive you then. Where do you want to eat?" Whee-in assumed Hyejin was really hungry and wanted to eat some dinner now.

"What I meant was, you and I go eat. The two of us. We can have a meal together."

"Oh. But may I ask why?", Whee-in asked

"Because it's already evening and I'm hungry?" Hyejin answered truthfully with a hint of sarcasm.

"So you want me to drive you so you can have dinner?"

Hyejin almost rolled her eyes. Good grief, it wasn't easy liking someone named Jung Whee-in. She can't even invite the dense girl to dinner. She replied as calmly as she can, "It's something like that, except that I will eat with you. Get it?"

"Okay. But why?" Whee-in understood the part that Hyejin was hungry and wanted to eat, but what did it have to do with her?

"Just because." Hyejin gave up on trying to give Whee-in an explanation. She really couldn't think of anything else aside from the fact that she wanted to. But she couldn't just say that. It would be equivalent to saying that she liked Whee-in on this very instance.

"Why?"

"Would you eat with me if I told you that it's an order?" Hyejin stood up, her arms crossed

"Yes."

"Then it's an order."

"Alright. Where do you want to go?"

"There's a good restaurant not far from here. Let's go there" Hyejin replied

"Okay."

Moments later, they were sitting silently across each other at a beef tripe restaurant. Whee-in scanned the place with her eyes then looked at Hyejin.

The whole drive to the place was silent as well, with Whee-in focused on the road and only glancing at Hyejin every now and then, meeting Hyejin's alluring eyes every time.

Their order arrived shortly, and they dig in, with Whee-in slowly chewing and simply watching Hyejin as she did.

Hyejin ate happily. The food was good and she finished it quickly. She's been hungry after spending hours at the company building. She's never been this serious before. Maybe because she was inspired? She looked up at Whee-in and their eyes met. Her hand slowly reached out to the middle of the table to hold Whee-in's.

"What's the matter?" Whee-in asked. She felt something unexplainable looking at Hyejin right now, and she could feel Hyejin's fingertips touching her hand.

Hyejin gulped. She would have held Whee-in's hand had Whee-in's phone not rang.

Whee-in pulled back her hand to take out her phone and answer the call.

'What the hell. Seriously? Who's calling her now?' Hyejin wanted to scold whoever kept calling Whee-in whenever something was about to happen. Hyejin could only sigh. Maybe it was important. It could also be her suitor. Hyejin was annoyed at the possibility. She crossed her arms and quietly watched Whee-in.