Chapter 26: Just Like That

Yong woke up with puffy eyes. She dragged herself out of bed and went to her kitchen table get something to eat. It was already eight in the morning when Yong finally finished eating. She was on her way to go shower when she heard the doorbell ring..

"Yong?" it was Moon at the door.

Hearing Moon's voice made Yong weak. She walked over to open the door when she realized she didn't have the courage to do it. She stood still, barely able to say, "Yes?"

"Are you alright...?" Moon asked, worried about Yong. When she arrived at the mansion last night, Yong wasn't there. She thought she must've gone home instead. The memory of the kiss didn't leave her alone and made her sleepless. She thought she'd see Yong in the morning but it was so late and Yong still wasn't there. So she made an effort to come by her place and check on her.

"Moon, you didn't need to come here" Yong tried to keep her voice from breaking.

Moon couldn't see Yong's face but she felt the coldness in her voice. It cut deep, even deeper when Yong called her Moon again.

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright, Yong. Last night... " she was even more worried about her now.

"Forget about last night. Go back to the mansion, Moon. The end of the training is next month, and it'd be better if you focus on that. I'll go back there tomorrow" it wasn't easy for Yong to push Moon away, but if she didn't, it'd be Moon unknowingly pushing her away instead.

"You're right.. I-I understand" Moon responded stuttering. Yong had a point in telling her to focus on her job, but it didn't stop Moon from thinking it was unfair of Yong to ask her to simply forget about last night. That kiss made Moon feel weak on her knees and vulnerable. Nothing else in the world had made her feel like that, and no else did it but Yong.

Yong became quiet, unable to say anything else. At this point, she was silently telling herself not to cry or open the door. She had to make it through this for a month. What's waiting for her beyond that time was unclear, but she was willing to hurt for Moon.

Moon fought the urge to tell Yong to let her in. She turned around, suddenly feeling guilt. She ran her fingers through her hair and clinched her fist as she walked away. That same empty feeling she felt then was slowly creeping in again. She sighed as she decided to drive back to the mansion.

Yong, sensing Moon had left, sat on the floor and hugged her knees. This was torture, but she had to endure it.

Moon arrived back at the mansion. She asked about where Whee-in was, and Dong-hyeon said Whee-in was talking to Hyejin in her office. Moon nodded as she went to the quarters. Frustration was visible in her face, and it made Dong-hyeon curious.

"Whee-in. About what happened last night" Hyejin looked up at Whee-in who was standing in front of her.

"Oh. There's no need to worry. You probably drank too much which lead to that..." Whee-in replied, unable to look Hyejin in the eye. They have kissed before, but last night was when Hyejin kissed her awake.

"Wait, what? Hey, I wasn't drunk last night, you know. I meant what I said. I like you, and I won't hesitate to kiss you again to prove it." Hyejin sensed avoidance in Whee-in's voice but she wanted to make things clear.

"Sure. If that is what the boss says.." Whee-in had to phrase her words carefully. She didn't want to trip and say what she really though about the situation. The truth was she could have easily stopped the kiss, but she didn't. She could easily admit it to herself that she liked Hyejin, but it would be impossible to say it out loud.