THE SILENCE

Wander over Yonder Season 3

Dominator's former ship was hidden from sight and inside it hid Wander and Sylvia as well as Dominator's former armies.

"She's on that planet?" Wander asked while in the command room.

"Tracking the escape pod leads us here" Whirry confirms while Beep Boop and other Dombots operated the ship's controls.

"So buddy, what's the plan?" Sylvia asks standing by Wander.

Wander thinks for a moment.

"Syl... I'm going to do something I should have done a long time ago" Wander says with determination on his face.

"You are? What?" Sylvia asks leaning in.

"We are going to have a good, long talk" Wander responds.

"...Th-that's it!?" Sylvia asks aloud. "I was hoping we'd let her stew in her own misery for a bit. That should teach her a lesson!"

"I know the usual go-to routine is revenge but I don't want that" Wander says. "I want to turn her around, Syl. All I ask for is one more chance. If it doesn't go well, we can proceed with completely fair and humane disciplinary action."

Sylvia gives Wander a long, hard look and Wander returns with a long, hard look of his own.

"You two have spoken before."

"I just ask for a second chance" Wander says. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

"Did you forget how terrible she was to you!? How she betrayed you!? I haven't forgotten!"

"I haven't forgotten either but it's never too late to forgive" Wander declares.

Sylvia sighs.

"It's never easy saying 'no' to you" Sylvia says. "..Okay buddy. We'll keep an eye from up here. She tries a fast one, I'm jumping in myself!"

"Thanks Syl!" Wander says hugging his long-time friend.

"We will jump in too, if necessary!" Whirry adds speaking for itself and the other Dombots.

"Thank you Whirry! Everyone!" Wander says.

"You're welcome buddy" Sylvia says. "Good luck!"

All alone, Wander exits The Domship and travels via bubble heading for the supposed location of Dominator's escape pod. Once close enough to the planet, he surveys the empty terrain below. Eventually, the escape pod comes into view.

-=episode title=-

THE SILENCE

-=episode title=-

Wander's bubble pops dropping him safely and within walking distance. He approaches and circles the pod wondering if it was appropriate to look into the small vehicle but fearing for Dominator's welfare, he knew he eventually had to.

To just get it out of the way, he pokes his head into the pod and finds a sleeping Dominator, covered in dust and dirt from head to toe but in apparent adequate health. As evil as she could be, Wander could never deny that, like her sneezing, there was something adorable about the way she slept; she sounded very gentle and vulnerable. Though she looked very innocent and very at peace, Wander was mindful that looks can deceive.

Wander is quick to pull away not wishing to be rude or intrusive and gets to setting up a tent near the pod.

A little later, Dominator's troubled mind denies her a satisfying rest. She opens her eyes to a star-filled sky.

"...I'm still here. This is no dream, of course I'm still here..." she thought sitting up. "Why wouldn't I still be here?.. I've earned this after all... I'm on my own now..."