THE CONTINUED SILENCE

Wander over Yonder Season 3

Wander and Dominator were seated before their humble little garden. During this, Dominator came very close to asking about Wander's refusal to speak.

"Well... This isn't terribly thrilling" was what left Dominator's mouth instead. "And I gotta be honest here, all this nothing happening is making me sleepy. I need my beauty sleep so I think a quick nap is in order."

Wander continued to monitor the seedlings in silence while Dominator made her way to her escape pod. Looking into the dirty interior, she does not find it too inviting. She then feels a tapping on her forearm and, turning her head, she spots Wander with cleaning supplies on hand.

Dominator steps aside instinctively and Wander gets to work: with a handheld vacuum cleaner, he sucks up copious amounts of dust and dirt out of the pod. Then with a bucket of clean water and fresh wash cloths, he began to wipe away the finer layers of dirt and dust leaving Dominator's little abode like new once more.

Wander fetches a new sleeping bag from his tent and then, with great pride, welcomes Dominator to an impeccably cleaned escape pod.

"W-wow!.." Dominator says truly impressed by Wander's persistent kindness. A "thank you" was on the tip of her tongue but Wander had tipped his hat and returned to care for their garden before she could say it.

After setting up the sleeping bag inside the pod, Dominator lies down but does not immediately fall asleep. A nagging guilt was keeping her up: Wander was back and helping her after what she had done. Briefly, a glimmer of hope shines through: maybe he didn't hate her? He wouldn't be nice to someone he hated, right? No, Wander was generally nice to everyone, friend and foe alike. And he'd surely speak to someone he liked, right?

Suffering such conflicting thoughts and emotions made getting sleep a difficult task but with some persistence, she finally manages some shut-eye after wishing she had thanked Wander moments earlier.

-=episode title=-

THE CONTINUED SILENCE

-=episode title=-

The Doom Moon was in a celebratory mood. It had bested the previous galactic menace; Lord Dominator, her Dombots, and her Domship.

Rapidly shaking a champagne bottle, a Watchdog popped the cork off the bottle sending it flying while champagne fizz exploded out of it to shower Emperor Awesome's Fist Fighters, Sourdough's Beefeaters, General McGuffin's Wingmen, other Watchdogs and other minions amid raucous celebrations in the Doom Moon's cafeteria.

"AAaaaahahahahahaha!" Commander Peepers let out after he too joined others in spraying champagne.

"Whooooo!" Lord Hater let out standing atop a table before pouring a bottle of champagne into his mouth and over his head. In the corner of the room, Emperor Awesome had set up an elaborate sound system to blast rapturous dance and party tunes, Fist Fighter Knucklehead DJing.

"How are my shipmates doing toniiight!?" Emperor Awesome exclaims into a microphone. His audience of Doom Moon crewmembers respond with loud cheering. "Sounds like we're in a great mood tonight!" Awesome notes and he is answered with more cheering. "I just wanna say that you guys earned yourselves some serious good times. Ladies and gentlemen, what we did back there was special! What we did back there was an achievement for the ages! What we did back there was off the hooook!"

"We bested Lord Dominator herself!" Commander Peepers chimes in leaning towards the microphone. "THE Lord Dominator!"

"Speak truth there, Peeps. Gonna go check on the tunes" Awesome says handing over the microphone.