THE MINIS

Author's note: the following little 'mini chapters' were written for fun with no particular point of time in mind. Just wanted to do some relaxed writing that hopefully makes for easy reading. Little writings the same way artists like to draw fanarts that are not too long or elaborate: I like the concept.

Wander over Yonder Season 3

-=the shopping=-

"...Cinnamon sticks. Whole black peppercorns. Brown sugar. Allspice berries" Dominator read from a shopping list Wander had given her. She did so while pushing a shopping cart along a supermarket aisle. "Some of these, I've never heard of.. Ya wanna help momma shop?" she asks her daughter Luna who was standing inside the shopping cart.

Luna, at the age where she learned to walk not too long ago, nods with glee.

"Awesome! Help momma fetch the cereal box up there" Dominator asks picking Luna up to grab said box. "Almonds and granola. My favorite! You like that one too?"

Luna nods before Dominator places her back into the shopping cart and proceeds towards the next aisle. There, other shoppers spot Dominator coming and are quick to rush out of sight.

"Hash browns! You know we're there!" Dominator says fetching two bags of said food after spotting them in the frozen food aisle. "Don't know how your dad does it but he knows how to fry these babies up to a perfect crunch!" she says handing the bags to Luna who then fits them fine in the shopping cart. "That's one of the great things about grocery shopping: works up an appetite!.. Now where would the chicken mushrooms be?"

Arriving at the line to the butcher, Dominator works her way through a small crowd to pull a paper tag for the queue.

"98" Dominator reads her tag before showing it to Luna. "What number's the line on?.. 76" she reads from the display above the butcher's counter. "22 away, pssh! That sucks!" she says aloud before turning around to find the crowd gone. "Hey. Where'd everyone go?.. Whatever."

"9-98" someone from behind the counter calls out.

"Oh! Luna, that's us!" Dominator tells her daughter before approaching the butcher's counter.

"H-hello ma'am! H-how can I help ya?" the butcher, an eel-like alien, asks nervously.

"Hi! Just need a fresh cut of some of your fine cheeses here" Dominator says pleasantly.

"R-right away ma'am!" the butcher confirms as his and Dominator's eyes fall on what looked like hours-old cheese. "N-not to worry! L-let me get you fresh cheese!" he goes on tossing aside the older cheese to hurriedly bust out a fresh supply.

"Wow! That's fine customer service" Dominator says.

"Only the b-best for you, Lord D-Dominator!" the butcher says trying not to tremble too harshly. "M-may I interest you in s-some of our top-quality wagyu? F-free samples a-are available" he offers nervously.

"No thanks. My husband is a vegetarian so that basically makes me a vegetarian too" Dominator refuses politely. "...On second thought, nothing wrong with a taste now and then."

A little later, Dominator pushed a full shopping cart towards check-out with the other hand. Approaching a line, shoppers quickly rushed off one after another either to another line or wherever it took to get away from the green villainess.

The store clerk at the cash register tried her best not to just run away: seeing Dominator caring for a child perhaps helped convince the clerk she was not in danger but it wasn't easy talking casually with the galaxy's former destroyer.

"W-was everything to your liking here at 'Shop-Easy'?" the clerk asks while scanning Dominator's items.

"Can't complain" Dominator shrugs while tending to Luna's hair.