THE HOMECOMING

Wander over Yonder Season 3

In a galaxy rife with villains fighting for dominance, the planet of Atena prided itself in its ability to fight off any and all villains attempting to subjugate it.

Protected first by its obscurity in the shade of a dim star, planet Atena's second line of defense was a league of brave warriors named The Heroes of Atena, THA for short. The Heroes of Atena was an organization that fended off any and all villains that tried their hand at conquering the planet. Trained in combat and the wielding of lava, the Heroes of Atena made quick work of uninvited guests. This vital role made respected and revered heroes of the THA's members.

Since childhood, a Nefai named Ela aspired to join THA, had never forgotten when she was bestowed her yellow-horned helmet, and always fought off invaders in defense of her home world with great bravery and distinction. This same warrioress proudly set her daughter Dania on the same path. Dania, like her mother Ela, was given her horned helmet indicating the start of her own heroic path towards becoming an Atena defender.

Dania looked like any other THA student but to many, she often seemed very cold and distant to all she crossed paths with. Dania was very quiet and did not care for friends for in truth, she held a dark secret: she revered not heroes like countless other Atenans but instead revered the many villains that conquered planets across the galaxy. She wanted to be among them and eventually topple them all in the ultimate display of might and power. She even took to learning machinery and engineering to make soldiers just like her villain idols had minions of their own.

The closest Dania came to admitting her secret desires was when she began wearing dark drip cosmetic under her eyes which resembled black tears and hacked up her proud braided ponytail, a hairstyle symbolizing great honor and devotion to duty among Nefai girls and women, into a mohawk. The change brought great controversy with parents, classmates, and tutors alike but Dania cared not for approval. It made no difference to her how much people disapproved for she did not plan on sticking around long.

Dania's ambitions lied firmly outside of Atena and it was outside of Atena that she would one day make the name of 'Lord Dominator' widely known.

-=episode title=-

THE HOMECOMING

-=episode title=-

"Oooh! What's that over there!?" Wander asks rushing to watch a street performer create intricate sculptures using their magma-bending powers. The performer was doing this for a crowd who seemed enraptured.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Battle of Montrew! Our brave knights fought back the invasion by the evil Carnage Carnival!" the street performer lectured as his sculpting followed along his descriptions of a great battle.

"Wow!" Wander says impressed by the sculpting prowess on display.

Following behind the star nomad was Sylvia, a Beep Boop disguised more like a harmless drone, and a disguised Dominator as all four explored one of Atena's great cities, the city of Apellopolis, named after great Atenan hero Apello.

"How you holding up under that hat?" Sylvia asks Dominator.

"Not bad" answers Dominator dressed in a purple, knee-length button up dress and sporting a large summer hat and reflective glasses. She had also wiped away her trademark black drips from under her eyes. "The breeze feels nice."

"Wow! What awesome lava lamps" Wander directs at the attendant of a small stand selling what looked like lava lamps.

"What's a lava lamp?" asked the attendant, an alien resembling a kangaroo. "We sell lamps, orange fella" she said warmly.