°-《CHAPTER 1》-°

I sat in the corner of a dimly lit library, studying "Defence Against the Dark Arts." I've re-read this chapter for what felt like hundreds of times, however I couldn't seem to get my head around it. It was almost 1am and I am putting way too much energy into this then I needed to, but teachers are needy and only want the most "perfect of perfect grades possible."

My only source of light was an oval window that lay on a wall infront of me. The calming blue beams resting on the pages of my slightly wrinkled textbook.

My eyes kept closing every few seconds and just as my long eyelashes started to flutter to a close, my phone buzzed.
It was a message. From Kyle. I lazily picked up my phone and clicked on the notification. It read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•~Kyle~•

Hey George! Sorry for
messaging you this late,
but I was wondering if
you'd like to meet up with
me tomorrow?

Sure, but what
time were you thinking?

Uhm..
Maybe around 2?
Whenever your free
is fine!
:)

Think that works. But I need to go. now, and I need my sleep

Bye lovee
<3
/read 01:02/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh" I groaned sleepily. I wiped some loose strands of hair out of my face and started picking up my books and plonking them into my bag. I slung it over my shoulder and left the dingy library.

I had a Dark Arts Test tomorrow and I'm absolutely horrible at fighting so I'm basically doomed. I don't even know why I re-read all of those chapters in the first place, it probably doesn't even matter if I do well or not, Professor Soot will always find one tiny flaw, whether it's the way I stand, if I flick my wand to loosely, if I mess up a spell so slightly that it just misses the target by millimetres. There will always be some sort of flaw in my performance.

I reach my dorm and drop my bag onto the floor next to my curtained bed, hoping it wouldn't make too much noise. I peek through the layer of silky blue fabric and grab a hoodie with the ravenclaw badge sewn on the top left and dark shorts. I wanderd into the bathroom, my back slightly hunched from lack of sleep, and started changing. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a wreck. My hair was messy, I had massive dark circles under my eyes, and my decorative circle glasses sat almost at the bottom of my nose, hanging on for dear life. It was way to late to have a shower now, and I'd probably wake up half the people in my dorm, so I settled on having one in the morning, if I had time that is.

I crawled into the cold covers of my bed and tried to warm up a little. The dorms always felt way colder then they actually were at night. Especially in Winter. I wriggled into a comfortable position my eyes were practically begging me to finally rest. I snuggled deeper into the pillow then was humanly possible and shut my eyes, drifting into a heavy sleep.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Yayy!!!!
First chapter done.
This is my first book so hope you all enjoyed it! :DD

I'll be publishing the next one as soon as I have time.

Make sure to stay hydrated and get lots of sleep .

Ly all <3
Mwah

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤