°-《CHAPTER 40》-°

~◇~◇~DREAMS POV~◇~◇~

~♧~♧~Time skip - Next Week~♧~♧~

I had stayed at Sapnaps home another day before leaving and going back home to see Drista and my mother.

Around a week after that, we had received news that the castle grounds were still under a thorough search, but they seemed to be safe enough to allow students back in. Which is good I guess... seeing everyone at school and stuff would be fun... if I liked school.

Today was my first day back after our mini break and I was not looking forward to it. The whole getting up early thing really isn't my kind of thing, you know?

I had already gotten my robes on... and I have my bag with me so I can just get my other textbooks from my dorm and I'll be good to go. Wow I'm actually thinking ahead for once. That's new.

I got to school on the train and made my way to the dormitories from there.

You know, the usual. Travelling through dark corridors and looming staircases, you get the point.

When I reached my dorm, I immediately remembered how much I missed this place. It was my safe haven in a way. Where if relax.

The room was an octagonal shape and had something in almost every corner. On the wall just to the left of the center, had a four-post bed with a sage green blanket of fabric hanging neatly on top, tied to the posts with some loose rope. Around the top of the bed, I had put some spare fairy lights I had left over from decorating my room back at home, so I decided to put them here. Underneath my bed, was a large rug which had the Slytherin emblem embroidered onto the dark green fibers. Next to my bed, on the wall directly opposite me, was a line of pegs which had a few of my coats hanging from them tiredly, as if they were fed up of not being used in so long even though it was Winter. On the wall to the right, I had a dark oak desk with small compartments underneath the table and on the left and right sides of it for extra storage. It was mainly full up with scatterd textbooks and messy papers, with an overflowing bin next to it of abandoned essay plans. Infront of the desk was a large window that was curved around the top with wrought iron swirls curving around it's shape gracefully, another window with the same design opposite. Next to me, on the wall slightly to the left of me, was a wardrobe with black iron handles, which kept my spare robes, jumpers, trousers, you name it. Even a few of my regular clothes for when I go out with my friends.

I shuffled along the floor and crumbled onto my bed, my body melting into the soft mattress and blankets, laying diagonally across the bed.

I sighed and lent on my side grabbing my phone and checking my notifications, the main ones being from my group chat with my friends. Probably about them fighting over something stupid like their favourite band. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore music and listen to it everyday in my free time, but fighting about it just seems unnecessary. Sure, I'm up for some good old friendly banter every once in a while, but seriously? Eh, does it matter? I'm meant to be getting ready for school.

Sighing, I dropped my phone carelessly next to where my head was and stood up from my bed a little too quickly, causing me to feel a large aching in my head as I held my still icy cold hand to my forehead.

Walking over to my cupboard, I flew open the doors and snatched my robes out of it, including my shirt, jumper, and trousers. I laid them out on my bed, forgetting about my phone that was strangled under the fabric.

After getting ready, I grabbed my Charms textbook, History Of Magic, Astronomy textbook, and my wand and shoved them into my bag, slinging it onto my back.

Luckily, it was getting way darker early on in the day so we could actually do Astronomy properly now. That would be fun. We rarely get to use the telescopes since they're always tucked away somewhere students couldn't find them.

First, I have Charms with George-

Oh.

George.

This'll be our first chat since he ran away. That will be... fun...

I entered the classroom and my attention was immediately stolen by the brunette staring at me worriedly before turning around and fiddling with his pen.

I slowly walked over to George. Maybe I could talk to him about... whatever that was...

Sitting down in my seat, I looked over at George who had his head hung low with his hands fidgeting under the table, his pen now discarded elsewhere.

"Uhm... George..? You- you can talk to me you know?" I spoke, trying to start a conversation with the timid boy, assuming Professor Nicachu was late since it was two minutes past lesson times. "Don't just- ignore me! You can't just sit there in silence the whole time. Besides, we need to finish our project." George looked up with glossy eyes. "A-are you ok?" I asked, worriedly gazing at George's red cheeks, "I'm fine, Dream. I'm fine." He said before turning away and crossing his arms, frowning sternly.

I stared in disbelief as I looked at George stubbornly ignoring any hope of socialising any time soon.

I guess I'll just have to try harder then...

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
Sorry for posting a bit late, it was one of my friends birthdays so I was out celebrating that, happy birthday to anyone else aswell! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Anyways, I want to say a MASSIVE thank you! We got to over 900 views!? That's insane! You guys really do mean so much to me and I appreciate you all so much! <3

I'll see you all next time,
;)

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~