°-《CHAPTER 52》-°

My whole world froze as I saw the state George was in.

His poor body was unmoving and slung against a tree, his head drooping down sadly. His robes were ripped and lay covering his small frame loosely. I could see small puffs of water vapour float into the sky like miniature pumps of smoke. His eyes remained closed as his eye lashes twitched every now and then.

I looked back up at the sky and saw small flakes of snow rain down in the small exposed area, some floating through the branches and landing on the bridge of my nose, causing me to shiver and flinch.

"What was that?" The hooded figure asked, turning around quickly in my direction. I froze and stared at the figure examine the terrain suspiciously. "It's probably nothing- you know, we should probably just get back now." The other person spoke, worry laced in their words.

The other ignored his request and started walking towards me.

My heart started thumping as I stumbled back a little bit, tripping over a conventionally fallen log, and landing in a small layer of snow and leaves, cushioning my fall.

I twisted my head back up at the dark silhouette and shivered, awaiting my doom.

But then, they stopped. Like they were frozen in ice. A capture of time.

I looked back at George's small shivering body and watched snowflakes fall onto his robes and pale face, decreasing his body temperature rapidly.

I got up to move, the leaves crunching under the shift of weight.

Bad decision.

*WHACK*

The figure suddenly lashed out a large stick, or wand, out of their pocket, smashing it against a tree loudly.

I stumbled back in fear, and scrambled to my feet, my legs shaking terribly.

Maybe it was an accident?

*WHACK*

They did it again.

Definitely not an accident.

The stick snapped into four small pieces and fell to the floor.

"Ugh, Jacobs! Get over here!"

That's when I started to run. I ran around into the woods, before hearing loud leaves being destroyed under booming footsteps not long after.

I ran into the woods until I couldn't run anymore.

I shelterd under a small wreckage of fallen trees that managed to fall into a sort of triangle shape, with another thin branches resting next to it.

Checking my surroundings quickly, I sat down and rested against the wood, the bark scratching and tearing at my robes.

I let out shaky breaths until my breathing got back to normal and until my legs healed from the sudden burst of adrenaline and energy.

I rubbed my thighs, the muscles aching and groaning at the pain.

Before I knew it, my eyes had closed and I had already drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep.

~♧~♧~Time skip - Morning~♧~♧~

Fluttering my eyes open, I sat up and immediately hit my head against the sharp edge of a piece of tree bark. I gave it an annoying glance before rubbing the back of my head.

My legs suddenly thumbled as I stood, causing my to hold onto the tree desperately whilst trying to regain my strength and balance.

I let out a sigh as I stood up straighter in a more comfortable position, and held my dirty wounded stuffed up hand over my eyes. I glanced around the forest, small specks of sunlight littering the floors like tiny stars and beams of light.

A hazy glow coverd the forest as birds chirped and assisted their young.

My thoughts immediately went back to yesterday, despite the somehow sunny weather. They were corrupt with short images and flashbacks.

I blinked several times before holding out my hands infront of me.

The amount of scars and wounds on them made me dizzy and weak at just the sight of them.

I grazed a finger over one of the larger scratches on my left hand and immediately winced at the pain.

I used the tip of my finger to move the hair strands out of my face, and started overthinking my plan to save George.

What could go wrong?

If worst comes to worst, the baddest thing that could happen is getting caught or having to put up a fight with one of those hooded figure people.

Wait...

The figure people...

Didn't he say... Jacobs..?
I've heard that name before, in attendance, in Transfiguration class.

Karl...?

But Karl wouldn't betray us, would he? I thought he was loyal... My whole group trusts him! Sapnap trusts him! So why did he lie..?

I frowned and decided against my other problems. George was my main priority here.

I-... I'd tell Sapnap later...

I turned around and kneeled down under the small tree arch and started to retrace my steps from last night.

~♧~♧~Time skip - 10 mins later~♧~♧~

After what seemed to be ages of walking,

I found the opening.

That one circular clearing in the middle of the forest!

I found it. I found it. I found it!

I could hardly contain my excitement at seeing George again.

But now wasn't the time.

I needed to rescue George.

I can celebrate later.

Cautiously, I crept towards George's resting body lent against the tree. I kept turning my head behind and around me whilst approaching him. Not wanting to get caught by those hooded guys.

But as soon as I got within a five meter radius of George, I couldn't help myself.

I ran towards him and held him to my chest tightly.

I snuggled his head into my chest and cradled him in my lap, rubbing my somewhat warm hands onto his arms in attempt at warming him up.

Letting out shaky breaths, I felt his forehead for his temperature and almost paused everything when I felt how cold he was.

Taking off my robes, or what was left of it, I laid it over George, still holding him close to my chest.

I adjusted my position and sat cross-legged against the tree, looking down at George with a sympathetic smile on my face.

I stroked his hair out of his face and whispered comforting words to him.

We both lay there for what felt like hours as I just spoke to him soothingly.

I held him close to me face and whispered,

"I love you George."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
This chapter was so fun to make and it all flowed so nicely and I could just imagine it all in my head and everything- this is probably my favourite chapter.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. Thank you so much for all of your support!!

See you next time,
Bye!
:DD

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~