°-《CHAPTER 38》-°

By the end of my very long tangent of lines of complaint and stupidity, I had finished my story, and my hot chocolate...

I glanced over at Karl with a guilty look on my face. He was slumped down in his chair with his legs angling towards the burning fireplace, looking back down at his hot chocolate ready to drink it before he realised there was none left, "Hey, uh, want some more hot chocolate while we talk about this?" Karl asked turning to me, flopping his head onto the armrest. I nodded softly and lazily outstretched my hand towards to Karl, before he snatched it away and headed towards the kitchen.

I readjusted myself into my seat so I was more sat up, before quickly slumping back down again and squirming around to find a comfy position, ending up in my laying sideways on the chair looking towards Karl's empty chair, his olive green blanket slung over the armrest.

Gazing around the living room, I suddenly noticed all of the small details I hadn't really took note of before. The walls were a dark ash grey with various paintings of landscapes scatterd around in small groups. In the middle of the room, was a dark fireplace which had a simmering fire dancing gracefully inside. Above the fireplace, there was a mantle which had two pictures of Karl when he was young, and a few candles encased in a silver box, and also fairy lights draping not too close to the fire, but still running around in and out of the small trinkets on the mantle, causing just enough light to see a few cobwebs clinging to pictures and candles. On the left side of the fireplace, was lines and stacks of shelves with plants and other framed photos on top of them. There was even crocheted beetles that Karl had taught me how to make on there. However, on the other side of the fireplace, there was some sort of cabinet. It had two doors for storage at the bottom and shelves and a small counter of the top. Inside, it had some ancient painted plates and other clay creatures and creations inside, like other hand painted pots and bowls for display inside. The seats that Karl and I are sat on, were a dark teal colour, made out of velvet and were ultimately very comfortable when you get in the right spot. Underneath was a large, seemingly old carpet. It was a murky brown colour and was quite soft. To my left was a long sofa that stretched across the wall, the same colour as the ones I sat on. And all the way to my right, beside Karl's seat against the wall, was a small cabinet that kept all of Karl's parents' fancy wine glasses and other pieces of delicate glass.

By the time I had taken in all of these new details, Karl had already placed my drink on the table beside me and sat down in his own seat, staring at the fire, waiting me to come back from my short outing inside my mind.

I blinked a few times and let my vision correct itself before grabbing my cup of hot chocolate, sipping it sparingly.

Karl looked over to my with a blank face, "So..." Karl muttered, sitting up and putting his cup down on the table behind him, "What do you plan on doing? Do you atleast have a game plan of some sort? You cant be this stupid, George. I know you better than that man." Karl said staring at me knowingly, a smile creeping up onto his features. I put my mug down and flopped my hand down, trying to reach the carpet from where I was sat, frowning as if I could just use my mind to make things happen.

"Look, what if we just wait for the castle to open again and... we can just forget this ever happened! But please don't worry yourself about it, you need to rest." Karl said, looking at me with a genuine expression. I looked up him with a frown and nodded before slumping back into my chair, deep in thought. Karl sighed knowing I wasn't listening to him.

I couldn't just forget about that. I can't just abandon the thought completely. That would be completely ridiculous. I need to think of a way to somehow rekindle our friendship, if that's what you would even call it. Or atleast get us off the dodgy side of the fence. I can't just leave after saying one stupid thing and be to paranoid to fix it, or atleast try to.

"George, your thinking to hard, why don't you just go to bed and then we can go out to town tomorrow to refresh ourselves, yeah?" I looked back up at Karl who was staring at me with that same facial expression; the one that guilt trips you into everything known to mankind. "I do worry about you alot George, your mental health is really important to me, and you just thinking and thinking about things that stress you out all day isn't healthy." I slowly stood up from my chair, already walking towards the guest bedroom. I felt bad for not answering Karl, and not even thanking him for worrying about me, even though I insist that he doesn't.

I padded upstairs along the carpeted floors and to the right where the spare room was for any visitors, the room where mainly I slept if I ever came over to Karl's house.

The room was rather comforting, it had dark forest green walls and had dark oak furniture to go along with the theme. Infront of the bed, beside me, was a dark oak cabinet that had some random things in, however the top two drawers being reserved for all of my clothes that I keep here for when I come over. On the right wall was a large rectangular window that had a small clay frog on the windowsil, which was painted in all sorts of shiny greens and shades. There was also a few candels there as well, but they all had their lid on as they weren't being used. On the back wall was a seemingly large double bed that had white sheets and a dark green knitted blanket on top incase it got too cold at night. There was also two bedside tables with lamps on each. They both had a place mat for your cup to go and on another, there was a gardening book, as Karl's mother enjoyed gardening. Above the bed, which was in the middle of the back wall, were four small mushroom paintings, all of different types; a Green Cracking Russula, a Bell Shaped Paraeolus, a Destroying Angel, and a Parasol mushroom. All of them having their own unique looks, like being rather tall or having unusually bright colours that you wouldn't really expect to be seen in nature's most simple things.

I opened the top draw to the left and brought out a navy hoodie and grey shorts. I quickly walked over to the bathroom that was just a few steps away from my room and fiddled with the lock on the door as this one was always difficult to properly close, no matter how many times Karl told me to properly do it.

I lazily got into bed and curled up into a ball. I didn't realise how cold it was until now. I turned around and checked if the window was open, which it wasn't, and pulled up the wool blanket to hopefully give me more warmth.

Squeezing my eyes closed, I brought all of my limbs to my chest and squeezed my eyes shut and tried fall asleep as quick as possible, trying to ignore the cold creeping up to me and tainting my face with a light blue hue, as I desperately tried to fall asleep.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
How is everyone?

Don't stress yourselves out, you deserve some rest to recollect yourself. Take a break to calm down and have some time to yourself to chill and relax.

Thank you everyone for all of the support, I don't exactly know how much longer this book will be, but I don't think it'll be much longer, maybe just under fifty chapters..? I know this books pretty long but I hope you guys are enjoying, I appreciate you all so much!

See you next time,
Love you all,
:)

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~