°-《CHAPTER 43》-°

George looked up at me, supposedly forgetting about the whole reason I even came here in the first place.

"Oh, o-oh yeah." George spoke nervously, hesitantly sitting down next to me with his hands in his lap, leg bouncing up and down, something he did when he was anxious. "George, you don't need to stress over it. It's completely fine. It was just a few words that had slipped out. We all make mistakes sometimes." I said, smiling and placing my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it gently to get him to look at me, "George, everything's going to be fine. There's no reason for you to worry. Just forget about it anyway, you have more important things to worry about than this." George smiled weakly and looking back down at his feet, his smile fading into a blank face.

"Well, I'm probably going to go now. Hide out in my dorm until afternoon lessons are finished. Also, the gang and I were thinking of going out on Monday, wondering if you wanted to come along? We're just going to go to the park and hang out there." George looked back up at me once more and smiled warmly at me, his way of saying yes when he didn't feel like speaking.

I stood up and started to walk towards the door, reaching for the handle when I felt small arms rap around my lower back. In the corner of my eye, I saw the familiar brubette with his head and fluffy hair buried into my back, showing no signs of letting go any time soon. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but I was at a loss for words. Slowly turning around, I did the same as the brunette did, rapping my arms around him, our body warmth mingling with one another's. I included and exhaled calmly, trying to piece together my thoughts.

When you hug a friend, you're meant to feel happy, right? But when I hugged George, sensed his warmth, felt his fluffy hair against my neck, his body so close to mine...

A best friend shouldn't be thinking these things...

When I hug Sapnap, it's more like a brotherly hug. And then when I hug any of my friends, I don't feel all of these things, I just hug them to show my appreciation towards them. I don't- I don't feel this way towards others. Not boys atleast. Not to mention that I've never had any suspific highlights in my life when I've found a girl particularly attractive, let alone feel this way about just being in the same room as them.

Maybe Sapnap was right...

Maybe we do have something special...

~◇~◇~GEORGE'S POV~◇~◇~

A- a mistake?

That's all he thought it was?

Just a mistake.

B-but it wasn't a mistake. Or was it?

No no, it has to be a mistake, it's not my fault that it just slipped our of my mouth anyway.

And even if I did mean it, it was totally platonic.

I mean...

I don't actually like Dream do I?

Shivering, I felt cold ripples slither up my back and neck, causing me to twitch a little and retreat to the comfort of my bed.

I hid under the covers and got comfortable, nuzzling my head into the soft marshmallow-like pillow and just stared at the ceiling with no emotion.

I turned around to face the wall as my robes got tangled underneath me. Intried to readjust them, but gave up as it was no use.

Regretting my decision, I slid out of bed and other to my wardrobe, grabbing a light blue hoodie and navy shorts. I allowed the icy fingers to graze my exposed skin, letting it roam my soft skin, shivers trailing down my spine.

After I was ready and finished changing, I got back into my bed, which was now as cold as it was before, nestling into the blankets happily.

*bzz bzz*

I suddenly heard my phone buzz as I lazily stretched and grabbed the phone, the phone case cold to the touch. I head the screen close to my face as I examined the notification.

It read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dream

Hey, wanted to thank you for looking after me and saving me from detention lols. Can't wait to see you on Monday! :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as my cheeks grew a comforting shade of light pink, heating up my face slightly. I hearted his message and sent a quick winky face to him before turning off my phone and getting sorted out for hopefully the last time today.

I let my mind wander, mainly of happy memories of me and my friends. Some in the past, some more recent in my memory.

I remembered the time Karl and first met in Transfiguration class when he didn't understand the criteria and like when I had to protect him from a Niffler when they had escaped from their home, which ended up in Karl crying when it had to go back to their owner. I also remembered the time when I went to Dreams house and we were laughing so hard because he walked hit his head on his desk and made a stupid face. It was moments like these that made my day just that little bit better. Moments like these that I really savour and think about.

Shutting my eyes, I silently hummed to myself, smiling under the covers as I thought about more funny memories... and some rather cringey ones that I'd rather forget... yeah, no. We're not going there...

I shuffled around in my hoodie and pulled down the fabric around my neck to loosen the pressure. I slowly breathed in and out, each breath a step closer to a sweet slumber.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!!
This chapter is kind of short,
Sorry about that!

I swear I'll just be chilling and then a stupid cringe memory of when I was little just ruins my day bro. Tutututututut

Thank you guys SO much for the support!!
We are so close to 1000 views and it would honestly be amazing if we reached that goal!

Thoughts ons this chapter?
It was kind of short but something about it made me so HAPPY.

Do something that makes you happy.
Do it now.
I dare you.
>:)

Anyways,
Happy dreaming,
BYE!

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~