°-《CHAPTER 12》-°

Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. I was 12:18 and I had just finished morning classes; Dark Arts and Charms, which were my only lessons that day since there was another Quidditch match going on, Griffindor V Ravenclaw. And although it was my house playing, I wasn't too interested in watching it, no matter how many times various people in my dorm had asked and begged.

I had changed out of my robes into some comfier clothes, that being a ravenclaw jumper and black jeans. Not the comfiest, but it'll make do.

Karl had messaged me after class asking if he could take me somewhere, which, I do admit, was a little suspicious of, but it's not exactly like I had anything else to do during lunch. I mean- maybe I could revise for- no. no. I practically promised Karl I would do this. No backing out now.

He came knocking at the dorms door a couple minutes later, grinning wildly.

"Karl... where are we going exactly?" He smiled even wider, "It's a surprise," I looked at him not satisfied with his words, "Look, I'm not gonna kill you or anything! Calm down."

He led me out of the warmth of my dorm and down the lantern-lit corridors and stairways.

Karl throughout our journey to a mystery destination had been laughing, and it was getting progressively louder as we supposedly got closer to our destination.

I saw a sign up ahead, squinting my eyes to see if I could get any information out of it, maybe giving a clue at where we were going. We had been walking for awhile so we had to of been getting close.

We got closer to the sign, so close that I could actually read it without killing my eyes. Nature Park.

"Oh, were going to a Nature Park?" Karl looked over at me and almost shouted, "How did you know!?" I rolled my eyes, gesturing at the sign ahead, "It literally says right over there, idiot." Karl looked in the direction I pointed at and made an O with his mouth.

"Well, you're correct, sorta. We're going there after, first, we're gonna get some food from the bakery." I raised a brow and looked at him from the corner of my eye, "OK then, did you even bring money?" Karl rustled around I'm his pockets frantically. "Uhm...wanna steal instead?" He said before we both burst out in laughter.

"L-l-look, its fine, I have- I have money here," I struggled to say during my breaths of amusement, pulling out a few spare pieces of cash that I had laying around.

After buying a loaf of bread from the bakery, we headed over in the direction of the nature park, the soft winter breeze whistling past our exposed faces.

When we arrived at the park, Karl dragged me in the direction of a bench with a pond resting just infront of it.

The pond had a fallen tree curved on top of it, it's frosted branches skimming the waters top.

*Quack! Quack!*

Karl squeezed my arm so tight I thought I was going to loose my blood circulation to my hand.

"Did you hear that!?" He whispered in a quiet but excited tone of voice. I nodded and looked back at the pond, trying to fine the source of the sound.

And there it was, a raft of ducks paddling over to us on the nearly frosted pond.

Karl went closer to the pond, leaving me behind, a ripped off piece of bread in his outstretched hand.

I sat on the bench nearby and watched the bread being snatched from Karl's hand. He looked back in awe, like a little kid on Christmas.

"They love me! George. What should we name them? I'm naming that one... uhhh how about... Daisy, like from Mario, oh! Oh! We should name them all Mario characters! So, that one's Peach, and you are... what's the name? Rosie? Rose? Rosa... oh! Rosalina! They're so cute!"

I laughed and took my phone out of my pocket, sneaking a quick picture of Karl for our photo album we started making yesterday.

Karl and I have been hanging out with eachother for a couple days now and Kyle hasn't bothered us. Sure, we've had a couple stares from him and his group, but nothing serious.

I watched Karl as the ducks gobbled up the bread he had in his hands, giggling at the sight of it.

Suddenly, Karl had stopped and put the bread down on the floor as the ducks all gathered round and ate it all. "What's up?" I said as Karl took his phone out of his pocket. "Oh nothing, someone just messaged me." I peered over his shoulder to get a better view of his phone screen.

Karl clicked on the notification, smiling as he read the message. "Who is it?" I asked still puzzled. "Nothing! Honestly someone just messaged me! It's nothing serious!" I jutted my hand out at a chance of grabbing his phone. Bad idea. Karl and I started wrestling for his phone. Ending up in Karl giving in and telling me who the mystery person was.

"Fine! Fine, I'll tell you, but give me my phone." I handed him his phone and gave him a look as if to say: go on, I'm listening.

"It was Sapnap. He just asked me if I wanted to go to a party with him." I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion, "What do you mean? What party?" Karl had an understanding look on his face, "Oh, when the Slytherins win a match, they always have a party to celebrate it. Wait, would you like to come? I could ask Sapnap." I hesitantly nodded, slightly regretting my decision. Dreams definitely gonna be there, he'll probably just make fun of me or something stupid.

Karl embraced me in a warm bear hug, destroying any sour feelings or rotten thoughts.

"Thank you so much George! I'll ask him right now. Even if he says no I'm sneaking you in." He said, fingers darting around his phone in different directions before clicking 'send' and dropping his fingers down and stuffing his phone into his coat pocket.

Karl then looked back over to where the ducks were and pouting when he realised they weren't there anymore. "Aww, the duckies aren't here.." His tone of voice was kinda hilarious but sincere enough to make you feel bad, like how I did now.

For the rest of the day we walked around the park a little longer before going to the new cafe since it wasn't too far from here, the same waitress greeting us like last time, except her smile seemed more warm and welcoming rather then last time when it seemed more forced.

We hung out there for abit before heading back to the Hufflepuff dorms to eat and chill.

I must admit, hanging out with Karl has been way better then Kyle. To be honest, I don't even know why I was with him in the first place. But that doesn't matter now. Everything it alright. Everything is actually good for once. And I'm not going to sit here dwelling on the past when I'm free from what's been holding me back all this time. I'm going to enjoy my time here. And I know I can do it. Because I always have Karl who can always help me when I'm down.

And I know,
Everything's going to be just fine.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Yayy 12th chapter done
If you haven't seen my post on my profile pls read it as it has alot of info abt my book update schedule and I would appreciate if u did read it.

Rlly like this chapter it's so SWEET.
This is all platonic, dnf will be coming soon...

Rlly appreciate everyone reading, feel free to leave comments or mssg me. I know posting chapters is slowing down at the moment and im rlly srry abt that!!

Hopefully I can get back into a normal schedule.

Hope you have a great day, night, afternoon, morning, have fun reading!
Ly all!! <33

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤