°-《CHAPTER 42》-°

"Dream, everything's going to be fine- just please tell me what happened. I can help. I'll- I'll help you. Just tell me what happened."

George and I were a crumpled mess on the floor. I was sat on my knees with my hands covering my eyes which were continuously spilling with tears, causing my cheeks to sting from the amount of water shocking them in a salty blanket. George was sat beside my on my right, his arms acting like shields around me in a protective manner. His head rested on mine, his left arm stroking my hair and twiddling his fingers through the curls and knots.

"Dream, please tell me."

George's words, the desperation in his voice, caused a weird feeling in my chest. A small light emerging beneath my ribs. A twang in my heartstrings. Something I couldn't say no to.

I sat up against the wall, and fiddled with my fingers that lay against my chest, George's arm still over me, my head resting on his shoulder.

"K-kyle. He tried to- I don't even know. I left before he could do anything."

George tensed up for a moment, pausing his movements, "Did he hurt you? What did he say? Did he try and grab you or anything? Touch you?" George asked, panic rasing in his voice. "No, he kind of... threatened me I guess... I uh, punched him and got away and stuff-" I explained, getting cut off by George, "You punched him!? Dream that's dangerous! You can't just do that!" George exclaimed, taking his arm away from my and turning his body round face mine as I felt his warmth drift away from my cold, shaking body.

"I-I'm sorry..." I mumbled, guilt seeping through my depressed tone, "I didn't know what else to do..." I said, curling back into a ball and feeling tears prick at my eyes again.

George noticed and smiled at me reassuringly, "Hey, it's OK. We all mess up sometimes or do things by accident. We can just improve and do it right next time! Now, may I ask why you're actually here..?"

I sniffled and nodded slowly, sitting up more against the wall and wiping my red eyes. "I went looking for your dorm because I heard that you were sick and- I uh, also came here to talk about... the thing that happened a few days ago... Do you- do you remember..?"

George sighed and frowned, standing up and rubbing his temples, underneath his eyes where those deep black circles lay.

"Dream, I'm really sorry that this has happened to you but I think you should leave." George went and sat down in his chair, flicking through pages of his textbook to make it seem like he was busy, "George! You can't avoid it forever! Please can we just talk about it now! If I leave now teachers will catch me skipping. And this time I won't be able to make some dumb excuse to slither out of it. George, please let me stay. I'll be quiet." I said as I walked over to his bed and sat on it, facing him with my hands on my lap innocently.

George considered my words as he rubbed his chin with his thumb, "I... I guess. Just please be quiet. We can talk about whatever after, just- be sensible please?" George said as he turned his head slightly to look at me before hearing some sounds of harsh ink against paper clashing against eachother as he turned around.

I sat there silently, tapping two fingers on each thigh, creating a nice soft rhythm that I was quite proud of. I glanced around the room as I did so, keeping my melody smooth, looking around at his room.

His walls were covered in a wallpaper which was coloured in a nice royal blue, decorated with fancy columns and swirls. His furniture was all dark oak and he had a similar layout to my room, except his room being a sort of deformed pentagon. The wall infont of me, where his door was, was straight, the next two being diagonal, the one behind my being linear, next one being somewhat straight, and the other connecting back to the door. On the right of the door, was a small plant in a weaved basket, and one of those super fancy wardrobes that you would expect to see in one of those old rich houses in the 'olden times.' You know, the ones that have really nicely carved edges and weirdly shaped legs? Anyway, the wall to my right was where George's pillow was, on his bed, and beside his bed was a small bedside table with a lamp on it and a book. Then on the wall behind me, was where I was, the wall where the length of George's bed was, stretched across the wall, with a small chest at the foot of it. His bed was also dark oak with soft blue covers with a fuzzy black rug underneath the bed. Then, to my left, on the next wall, was the desk where George was sat. It was in the same style of the wardrobe and had a large window infront of it which was covered by blue silk curtains. George's desk had an array of small bits and pieces, mainly being pencil strewn across, ink pots, a small tissue box that looked like it was almost finished, and a large lamp that sat beside his desk, illuminating the whole scene perfectly. Creating a nice fuzzy ringlight of a gold halo around George's head as he worked away.

"What are you writing about?" I asked, trying to break the uneasy silence.

"Just finishing up a drawing for Herbology. About Mistletoe. As it's getting towards Christmas and stuff, we're learning about more 'wintery-plants.'" George said, lifting his pen as he finished shading the final white berry on one of the stems. "There, all done." He said proudly placing the pen down and turning around to look at me with a big grin on his face. I smiled back at him sweetly, slightly feeling bad for bringing this up when he seemed to be in a good mood.

"Uhm, wanna talk now..?"

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!!
How have you all been doing?

This chapter was pretty fluffy huh? There'll hopefully be more fluff soon (depending on how I'm feeling) but until then you'll just have to deal with this lols

What are your thoughts on this chapter?
I honestly wanted to keep writing but I'm aiming for around 1000 words per chapter and if I carried on it would probs be really long. But I'm pretty happy to make longer chapters where possible so let me know!

Thank you SO much for all of the support!! We are so close to 1000 views and I appreciate every single one of you!! <33

See you all next time,
Ly,
:>>

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~