°-《CHAPTER 55》-°

~◇~◇~SAPNAP'S POV~◇~◇~

The rest of my group arrived in a panic a minute or two later, George gripped in Punz's arms.

I pushed my back against the cold walls and shrunk myself, not wanting to talk to anyone.

"Sapnap... are you alright?" Bad said, walking towards me cautiously.

I glared at him through my tears and looked back at Dream's knocked-out frozen face, bringing more tears to my eyes seeing him in this condition.

"Sapnap, look-"

"Uhm, Sapnap! You can come in with Dream now! We're ready when you are!"

Professor Nihachu interrupted Punz unknowingly, me being rather thankful for that in this moment.

I got up silently, and creaked open the door with my foot and entering the much awaited Hospital Wing.

Punz sighed sadly, as if he was defeated, "We'll be in with George in a minute."

I ignored him and carried on down through the long display of beds and curtains, down to the more hidden chambers, for more serious cases.

Each one of my footsteps ricocheted off of the stone grey walls and iron thatched windows, echoing throughout the room, filling the empty silence.

I walked into a closed wooden door and held my breath as I pulled on the handle.

The door creaked open as I saw Dream laying on a bed covered in woolen blankets and a few hot water bottles.

I sniffed and glanced at one of the nurses pouring hot steamy water into another bottle.

I awkwardly stood there and watched as another tear drifted down my cheek, my eyes feeling sore and empty.

Looking back at Dream, it seemed that the increase in heat has already started to work it's magic.

His face already seemed to warm up and all the colour had already returned, his cheeks a light rosy pink and his freckles becoming more prominent then before, resorting back to it's original form.

"Ah- oh- uhm. Hi-? Are you lost? Or..?"

The nurse was now stating at me looking rather confused.

Oh gosh I probably looked like an idiot right now.

I quickly wiped my noses and teats and straightened up my posture before stumbling out a response, "U-uhm... I-I'm here to see Dream."

I held my breath and stood awkwardly staring between her and Dream, my nose still stuffy.

"OK then..?" She said, hesitantly walking towards Dream and placing another hot water bottles on his chest.

"You can come sit down if you want..." She told me, breaking the tense silence.

I slowly walked towards the chair, fiddling with my robes as I sat down, shakily exhaling my restrained breath.

I sat there silently, except for the few sniffles, and watched her look through cabinets and jars filled with creams and healing medicines and plasters.

"He should be healed up and ready to in a day or two. Just keep an eye on him and let him rest." The nurse spoke as she had her back still turned to me. "What's your name, kid?" She asked, spinning on her heal and walking towards Dream with a cup full of a weird peach coloured cream. "Sapnap... what about you?"

"I'm Hannah. I've been here for almost a month now I think. I'm decently new."

I nodded and watched her pause in her tracks before smiling at me nervously, "Uhm, could you maybe move the bottle away and undo the shirt buttons? My hands are kinda full right now."

She laughed awkwardly as I nodded and started undoing the shirt buttons one by one.

After I'd finished, she pulled a soft brush out of her pockets and lathered it in the cream before gently scrubbing it on the chest wounds.

Once she finished, she quickly shoved the brush into my hands, "Go put that in the sink behind you, would ya?"

I numbly placed the brush into the tub and turned back around to see her with a box of plasters, placing them all over Dreams face, softly patting them on with little force.

A few minutes later of soft chatter, someone started to knock on the door.

"Come in!" Hannah yelled.

Professor Nihachu came in, gently shutting the door behind her, "Sapnap, you've been inside all second period and break. Do you want some time outside to relax for a bit? I can go talk to your third period teacher for time off if you need."

"Oh, thank you. And... if it wouldn't be a bother, my next teacher is Professor Soot, for Defence Against the Dark Arts. I could go talk to him of you want? Don't you have a class to teach?" I asked, appreciating her extreme kindness.

"Oh no, it's fine don't worry! I'm free third period anyway. I recommend you take a moment in the courtyard. I often go there when I need to clear my head. It might help you aswell."

I nodded, smiling gratefully at her, before turning to Hannah and waving goodbye.

Leaving the room and caught a glimpse of the room opposite, with George being pampered by two other nurses.

I hope that he's OK. He must be worse then Dream if he has two nurses assisting him.

I slowly retraced my steps, back outside to the courtyard.

Heading towards the few benches, I gazed around the courtyard and took in all of the beauty I've never really appreciated before.

The leaves perfectly weaved in and out of the flower trellis', the pink bougainvillea's closed up in the winter season.

I sat on one of the old benches and fiddled with my sweaty hands, exhaling slowly and trying to regain my control.

Dreams in good hands.

Maybe he'll be alright after all.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hi!
Hope your doing OK!

Schools started again so... yay?

Thank you so much for the support it's great to be back after awhile! The amounts of views this book is getting is crazy and it makes me smile every time I see it. I'm so proud of this book and how it's going!

Remember when I said that the book was coming to an end like- 15 chapters ago? Yeah, well... Its going to come to an end at some point, obviously, but I don't necessarily have an idea of when that's gonna be so... yeah.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter,
Bye!

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~