°-《CHAPTER 31》-°

~◇~◇~DREAMS POV~◇~◇~

I followed the rest of the crowd into the Slytherin form room where we would take registration to make sure everyone was here.

The Slytherin common room wasn't exactly the most welcoming of places to be entering but I suppose its all about reputation then the actual people huh.

It had looming stone walls and a large fireplace with the emblem of Slytherin engraved onto its cold bricks. There was also intricate carvings etched into the walls in the shapes of dragons and snakes (of course) and other miscellaneous figures and forms. We also had a table for people to study at and another sofa by the fire for people to chill and chat- where I normally spent my time.

It does sound much more elegant and extravagant then it actually is, but I suppose you get used to it after awhile. You know, living in an enchanted castle learning all of these crazy magical skills!? Yeah, normal. To us wizards and witches anyway.

But what was happening right now, was not normal. I doubt it would've been a drill since Professor Nihachu was that stressed out, so there was obviously something going on, but what?

And if I'm being completely honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure if I even want to know. It must be quite serious for various reasons. And if it was a drill, someone probably would've over heard the teachers and told everyone about it.

Rumors and such spread fast in this school. Though speech, letters, texts... anything really. It kind of scared me, how fasts things fly around, but I suppose it could be useful in some cases...

"Dream?"

I flicked my head up from where I was leaning on a chair and looked in the direction of the voice.

It was Professor Soot doing our attendance.

"Oh, here!"

I spoke loudly, a little louder then I meant to, catching some smirks and held in laughter from other students as Professor Soot glared at them.

He carried on with his list of names without any distractions and nuisances, much to his pleasure.

Professor Soot was a pretty good teacher. Well, that's what I though anyway. In Year seven he took a liking to my natural flair for Dark Arts and became my teacher for that suspific subject for years. He is a pretty strict teacher, but as long as you do as he says he'll be fine, in fact, he's pretty chill actually. He only ever really gets angry if you mess up horribly or make an avoidable mistake. And if you do so, he'll hold a unmistakable grudge against you for the rest of your life at Hogwarts. But, eh, I'm fine. I've survived.

After the register, Professor Soot left the room, his robes gliding through the air methodically.

Most of the students just started talking and theorising about the schools current events. But not me. I wasn't going to just sit around here while the Professor's do all of the work. Besides, who wants to sit in a dimly lit room, locked away without knowing anything of why your here or what's happening with the outside world? Not me.

I crept over to the door when no-one was looking and tried to disguise myself as leaning against the door. And... it kind of worked. Yeah, I did get a few questioning looks from other students but so? Who cares?

However, I did manage to catch a few mumbles of speech, most likely from Professor Soot and another teacher.

"Niki, what are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be in the Hufflepuff form room?" Professor Soot questioned, worried laced into his words. "I-I'm sorry! George was all alone in the Hospital Ward and I couldn't just leave him there when there's a potential threat around!" Niki send with strong emotion, "We couldn't just leave him there! This is serious, Wilbur. We're wasting time, I need to get George to his form room. Go check on the others outside and see if they need help." I then heard loud footsteps echoing throughout the castle before disappearing and hearing another set of footsteps, going not as fast, but definitely filled with confidence and courage, well, that's what it seemed to be.

"Hey Dream, you doing alright man?"

I cocked my head the direction of the deep voice and saw one of my fellow Slytherin acquaintances, Schlatt. I wouldn't call him a friend, more like someone I talk to every once in a while, but I'm open if he wants to become friends, he's done nothing wrong. But then again, why isn't he my friend? Oh whatever, I'm getting distracted.

"Hey, I'm fine I guess. As best as I can be locked up in a dingy old form room for who knows how long." He hummed at my response and stood next to me on the wall.

We stood in silence for a few minutes, gazing off into the distance and staring at the details on the ceiling and trying to pick up on other people's conversations, none of which that sounded particularly interesting-

"Oh my god, did you hear about that weird creature they found the other day?"

It was a girl in my form, her name was Pheobe Renné, a decently popular student in my year. Mainly because she had nice looks, seemingly kind, and most importantly, gossip. She was that one person who seemed to always know what was going on. It was impressive really, but then again, I'm not really one for gossip. But in times like these... yeah, I'd like to know what's going on thank you.

Her friend, Catherine Webb, a nice girl, ginger hair and all. I've not really talked to her, but from what I've heard she seems nice I guess.

Catherine shook her head, "No, oh my god, what was it? Was it some weird animal or something? Tell me!" They both laughed and grinned at eachother, "So, basically, apparently some students were messing around near the woods and saw something so they left and came back the next day and saw it again, but it looked- bigger? And so they then decided to check the outskirts of it to see if they could find anything and then they were attacked by some weird thing. They were in the Hospital Ward for four days, but I'm pretty sure they're alright now."

Her friends jaw dropped open from shock.

How could she just say that and then have the most innocent looking smile on her face ever? She just said someone got literally attacked by some unknown creature and they're not atleast a little bit scared about it?

I took some deep breaths and leaned my head up to the celling letting out a large sigh.

"Everyone! I want you to walk calmly out of the castle in silence. It is no longer safe to stay in your form rooms. Again, please remain silent as you exit the castle."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!

I've been feeling a little better recently which is good, hope you guys are alright as well :)

Tysm for all of the support, I really hope you enjoying this story! Would love to know your thoughts!

Ilysm
See you next time,
<3

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~