°-《CHAPTER 28》-°

I woke up to bright lights and hushed chatter around me.

My eyes stung as I tried to adjust to the new lighting situation.

Once my eyes had corrected themselves, I realised that I was in the hospital ward.

Next to me was a small table with a glass of water, a book and a flower pot on top, whilst on my left, there was a large counter with shelves and cupboards probably filled with all sorts of potions and healing mechanisms hidden away. Infront of me was a light blue curtain that had faint silhouettes of two people talking, one noticeably shorter than the other.

My head started pounding again as I clutched onto it with an icy cold hand. I opened my mouth to maybe croak out a word or two, but nothing came out except a small squeak of despair. I cleared my throat, which was proven to not be helpful as I reached for the glass of water, my shaking hands wobbling the water side to side.

I took a small sip before placing it down and taking in a sharp breath, giving up on notifying anyone of my awakening.

The voices outside for a moment before I heard loud steps echoing in the distance and an agitated sigh from just behind the curtain as I saw the figure rub their forehead.

They suddenly pulled back the curtains, causing a loud screech against the metal bar holding it up. Another beam of light hit me from behind the person, blinding me of their presence. The figure immediately tensed up and cringed at their actions as they stepped towards me.

As they got closer, I could see long dark hair and a frown of the persons face before they plonked down on a chair that was next to the counter.

I managed to see them frantically grabbing papers and other items as they scribbled down some probably indistinguishable words.

The figure then spun around to me and knelt my my side. I squinted my eyes at them.

I tried to say something like, 'who are you?' Or, 'what happened?' And, 'Why am I here?'

But quite frankly, I couldn't do any of that.

My voice was practically dead, and I think I have a right to know why I just wake up randomly in the hospital wing with a person I don't recognise treating me.

The figure frowned at me again before mumbling some words to themselves.

After a few moments of silence, my eyes finally opened up and I could see my surroundings properly again.

The person next to me was still someone I didn't recognise, but they looked kind enough I suppose.

Forgetting that I can't speak, I opened my mouth again, immediately closing it in embarrassment of a small pitying squeak again.

The person laughed and smiled at me wildly, "Hey! I'm Hannah, a new nurse in the Hospital Ward. I've only just started so I'm kinda new to all this stuff, but I should be fine. I mean, you are alive now so that should be a good sign..."

I slightly backed away from her in offence, a strong frown of disapproval on my face.

I waved my hands at her and pointed at my mouth several times to try and signify that I couldn't talk.

She handed over her clip board with a clean bit of paper on it.

I stared at her expectantly and held out me hand.

She finally passes me the pen from her top pocket and waited for my frantic scribbles to die down.

Uhm, actually, I was going to ask why I'm here. You see, I don't actually remember much of anything from yesterday so if you know, I would appreciate if you told me instead of feeding me random drugs and mysterious potions.

I dropped the pen and clipboard on my lap and crossed me arms and looked to the side, trying to hold in my laughter.

She frowned and stared at me in disapproval, "Look, George, I'll have you know that I'm actually quite good at my job and I am probably more skilled then you anyway. You should be grateful for even being conscious right now! And no, I don't know what happened. All I know is that Dream brought you here and passed out aswell soon after."

I stared back at her, my jaw dropped open slightly in shock, "I-is he o-ok?" I was cut off by Hannah shoving more medicine down my throat. "Look, its great that you can actually talk now but can you be quiet for one moment please? Thank you. I need to go and talk to someone. This is too much too handle on a Wednesday morning."

She started walking towards the curtains with her gloved hands stretching towards them.

"W-wait!" I winced at my own voice. It was all shaky and croaky and just- ew. "It's Wednesday..?"

She nodded with a straight look on her face and left the small room, leaving me to fight with my many conflicting thoughts.

~♧~♧~Time skip - 20 minutes later~♧~♧~

I let out a sigh of defeat and complete and utter boredom.

For the past twenty minutes or so had just been the most uneventful thing ever. And even though that Hannah girl was annoying, it was nice to have someone to attempt at talking to.

I practiced some sentences to get my voice used to talking again like, 'Hello, I'm George.' And, 'My favourite colour is blue.' And other basic sentences like that. I then started humming some songs I know and tapping on the armrests in time with the music. Well, that only lasted so long. Every few minutes or so, you could hear other conversations going on from outsides. I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying but I definitely heard some familiar voices.

I looked to the right wall and saw a clock and some random posters and notices.

It was almost break so maybe they'll get one of my few friends to collect me? I hope so. Sitting in here all day is getting real boring. Especially with the lack of entertaining scenery to gaze at.

I heard some close chatter from outside before seeing a rather tired and drained Hannah and a ballistic Karl standing just infront of my bed.

Karl rushed over to me as Hannah stayed at the curtain, arms crossed with a weak smile on her face.

He rapped his arms around me and snuggled into the crook of my neck.

"George! I've missed you! I was calling you like, fifty billion times but you weren't answering so I asked around the school and talked to Sapnap about it and apparently he hasn't seen Dream either so we both went looking and then yesterday we asked Professor Nihachu and she said to go and check places like the Hospital Ward so we did and we asked one of the nurses and they said that you and Dream were here but we had to wait to today to actually see you and Sapnap was going to come and see if you were OK aswell but he was busy with the rest of his friends."

Wow.

"Karl, how the hell did you just say that without any pauses or anything?"

Karl laughed and held onto me tighter, "I'm just glad your back to your original self again."

I smiled along with him and held onto him for a little bit longer.

I wonder what happened while I was passed out...

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you all so much! You guys are absolutely amazing!

I know George passing out isn't new, but like... leave me be alr? 😭

See you all next time!
-Dino.

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~