°-《CHAPTER 59》-°

"George!"

Suddenly, I heard Hannah's familiar voice calling me into Dream's room.

Butterflies erupted like volcanoes in my stomach, and I felt like I was dizzy with the amount of anxiety I felt swirling around my mind.

I exhaled and stood up off of the cold ground as I fixed and fiddled with my robes.

I took a deep breath and turned around to face Hannah, smiling at me sincerely through a small crack in the door.

Nervously smiling back, I dug my nails into my hand and took a small step towards the door.

Beyond this door led one of the people I cared about most in this world. One of the people I had grown so close with in such a short period of time was just past this very door.

And beside all of the contradicting thoughts and feelings, there was one that I felt most.

Hope.

A hope that he's OK.

A hope that everything will be alright.

A hope that we can be safe.

Together.

I took a step.

And another.

With my eyes squeezed shut as I heard foosteps and the door closing behind me.

The only people left in this room was me and Dream.

I suddenly started to overthink the whole thing as I bit on my cheek, getting significantly more nervous than before.

Suddenly, I heard a light familiar chuckle.

Like a radiant beam just blessed me.

That one sound I've become dear to.

That laugh.

His laugh.

I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting to the light.

And then I saw him.

"DREAM!"

I dashed towards the bed and carefully wrapped my arms loosely around his neck, smiling gleefully at being close once again.

Dream and I.

Back together.

So close after so much time spent apart.

Our reunion.

I felt tears prick at my eyes as the information slowly sunk in.

Dream was back.

And he's OK!

A tear fell as I drew back for a moment to look at Dream again.

I absorbed all of his smallest, almost unnoticeable features.

Even the faintest mark of a scar he got when he was younger on his jaw.

I felt my hands slowly drift and trace around the outline of his face before caressing his temples as I admired his sun-kissed skin, littered with freckles and a light trail of rose blush.

I then flickered my eyes to meet his as I fell deeper down the Slytherins' pool of green venom.

His eyes were a murky swamp green that had slithers of bottle coloured shards.

I stared deeper and deeper into the green abyss until we were so close that our noses were centimetres apart.

I looked back down at his slightly opened mouth and suddenly felt a fuzzy feeling build up in my chest, which quickly showed up on my face in the form of a dainty cloud of pink blush.

Dream's eyes flickered down for a second as I slowly edged closer to him.

I stopped there for a bit, trembling slightly as I really thought about my actions.

Were we really doing this?

And before I could answer, Dream wordlessly answered with a swift yes before pulling my lips onto his in a sweet motion.

I closed my eyes and let Dream take the lead as I fluttered my eyes closed, my mouth following his.

And for a moment, I felt as if I was unstoppable. Like I could do absolutely anything without a care in the world.

The overall sensation of the kiss overwhelmed my senses as I let our lips methodically lock onto each other.

It was almost like his poison laced my lips in a sour, but sweet haze that made my head wander off into the clouds.

We both pulled away with a shortness of breath, panting and evaluating the situation in our heads over and over until we felt like we were going to overheat.

And even though the kiss only lasted a second, it felt minutes longer.

The absolute pure love coated the atmosphere and made it seem like everything was going to be ok for once.

"So George..."

I looked up at him, searching his emerald eyes.

"What's next?"

~♡~