°-《CHAPTER 23》-°

Dream and I had been doing our project for about twenty minutes and hadn't really got anything done. He was currently sat at his desk on his phone messaging his group chat whilst I wrote down my paragraph about managing homework.

I sighed and placed my pen looking up at him with droopy eyes. I was so tired it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open. "D-dream..? Its your turn to do a paragraph." I said as I yawned and picked up my phone, looking at the messages from Karl.

'Hey George! I went to your dorm to look for you and you weren't there???'

'I asked one of the people there and apparently no one has seen you.'

'Are you ok?? Where are you?'

'I think Sapnap said you were at Dreams or something.'

'Message me when you can! Xx'

I smiled at his kindness and replied to his messages,

'Hey Karl! I'm OK, I'm at Dreams doing our project, see you tomorrow!'

I turned my phone off and hummed some various songs out loud, as Dream sat next to me on the hard wooden floor.

He snatched my pen from my loose hand, and flicked the black switch, causing the pen to write in black ink.

"Hey! That's my pen! You have plenty on your desk! Give it back!" I said reaching for the pen as Dream hurried it in the opposite direction, keeping it as far away from me as possible.

I leaned over his body more and focused on the pen. It was almost in reach, just a little more and...

"Hah! Your actually so bad at this." I said looking down at his bright red face- wait what?

Sitting up as quickly as possible, I scrambled back away from him, an equally, if not bigger blush on my face.

After we had relaxed a little bit more, I spoke up, "S-sorry, it's not that I don't like you, well I do- no! Wait that's not what I mean! I do like you! As a friend, I mean. I'm so sorry! This is so dumb and confusing and-" Dream cut me off with a calm, but happy smile on his face, "It's OK, I understand. After all, it's only human to make mistakes. We all say the wrong thing sometimes." If I was being honest, it wasn't the most reassuring of things to say, but it definitely helped.

Awhile later, Dream had almost finished his paragraph about 'Extracurricular clubs.'

He was sat infront of me, leaning on his bed frame whilst scribbling down some barely readable words, and I was laying on his bed on my side, reading through one of the last chapters on my favorite book, 'The journey beyond.' It was a fantasy book about soldiers and fairies and many other magical beings.

I often wished I was in a fairytale like that. Everything would be so much more- simple. Sure, there would be dangerous creatures that could gobble you up whole, but there was also hidden beauty amongst it all.

"I finished! Yay! Finally." Dream said with a big smile on his face. I smiled back at him and yawned. I was tired. Really tired. I felt as if I could just melt into his bed sheets and stay there forever, but alas, my social life would be dead at that point so I guess we can try and do that another time...

Dream laughed as if he could read my thoughts, "George, you can't exactly sleep here." I stared at him with lazy eyes, lids almost shut, "Well it's not like your going to do anything about it..." He looked down, guilty, and then back at me, "I guess not... but where could you sleep? I don't exactly have a spare bed in here." I waved a hand in the direction of the door, "Do you have a spare room? I could go in there." Dream looked at the door with a slightly worried expression, "But my parents will be home in a few hours and if they come in there for whatever reason, they'll completely freak out!" We both laughed, imaging Dream getting in trouble seemingly funny to both of us. "Well, you'll have to figure it out because I'm not leaving, I'm already comfy here." I said nuzzling into the covers more. "H-hey! You can't just leave me here! I'm not sleeping on the floor." I opened my eyes and stared at his desperate expression. "I didn't say you had to. I don't care where you sleep, as long as I'm here."