°-《CHAPTER 57》-°

~◇~◇~GEORGE'S POV~◇~◇~

"HELP!"

I screeched with a hoarse voice to anyone that could hear.

"PLEASE HELP ME!"

My voice was cracking and my throat felt like it's about to bleed.

More tears welled up in my eyes as my legs became weak.

What would I do? What could I do?

All of my friends would be asleep and I doubt any teachers would be still awake this later into the night.

Suddenly, as my world slowly began to crumble before me, I heard distant sobs echo in the silent midnight halls, my tears hesitating before dropping again.

With nothing left to do, I followed the sounds of the muffled cry and quickly paced down the stone corridors and stairways, the cries slowly getting louder and louder as I got closer.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks as I saw a small black figure curled up against the wall with their backs turned to me.

I cautiously crept towards the weeping body, my hands twitching in anticipation.

As I got closer, I held my breath and reached out my index finger to tao them on their shoulder, gently patting their black robes.

They suddenly whipped their head around to look at me in horror before gasping and shuffling away in fear.

"G-george..?"

The trembling person spoke, looking at me with a horrified look in their eyes.

But somehow, even with all of the stuttering and stumbling, I managed to recognise the voice.

"Karl..?"

He gasped and started breaking down into tears.

"George! I'm so so sorry! I never meant for- any of this!" He started to choke on his sobs as I soothingly rubbed his back.

"Please don't cry. I know it wasn't your fault. Just please try and calm down. Everything's going to be fine. Everyone's going to be ok."

He nodded, as more tears streamed down his face as I pulled him closer to me.

Suddenly, a treacherous scream of horror and pain sounded through the corridors.

My senses immediately kicked in as I recognised Dreams voice.

I sprinted off down the hallways, back outside to the courtyard and bolting to the willow tree.

The corridors shone with a sad moody midnight haze as I felt the cold wind hit my face.

I heard hideous sounds and cries as I got closer.

Salty tears flew glided down my cheeks, my eyes stinging.

"DREAM!"

I called out. Listening for a sign. Anything that could help me save Dream.

I opened my eyes as another load of tears fell and I saw a gruesome sight before me.

Dream was laying on his back, propped up on his uninjured elbow, blood and scratches covering his features I've grown to love. He clutched his side as he winced at the torturous burning.

The willow tree still withered away, the flames still fiercely eating up the swaying branches of leaves.

Kyle stood with a bloody dagger in his hands, gashes of blood speckles on his face and robes.