°-《CHAPTER 16》-°

I woke up in a dark room with a door slightly open. To my right was, what I assumed as a dark grey nightstand with a lamp perched on top.

Where was I? What happened? Why am I here?

My head was pounding and I flopped back onto my pillow, letting it absorb my skull. All of these questions didn't help my current state. I let out I sigh and stared at the blank ceiling.

I turned to my side and closed my eyes, attempting at another hours sleep, completely forgetting that I was in a random person's house. Probably not the best idea...

"S- no! For God's sake. I'll be back in a minute, I'm gonna go see George."

I jolted up at the sound of my name being mentioned.

It couldn't of been a kidnapper, probably, because they wouldn't have known my name... so maybe it's someone I know? The voice sounded a little familiar...

Before I knew it, someone knocked on my door. "U-uh, come in." I mumbled. Who was this? And why was I in their house?

They entered the darkened room, shadow hiding most of their features. It was someone tall, short hair, sweatpants? T-shirt...

"Hey, How'd you sleep?" The figure placed a glass of water on the nightstand and sat on the bottom of my bed.

I sat up more, readjusting my position and attempted to turn on the lamp but failing to do so. "Oh, you turn it on like this, yeah?" He tapped the side of the lamp causing it to create a dim light, revealing an awkward but genuine smile on the persons face.

"Who are you..?" I bundled up the blanket into my hands, as if that could protect me.
The mysterious figure smiled, the light being just bright enough to illuminate the bottom half of his face.

"Oh uhm... you don't recognise me? The loud, annoying kid in almost all of your classes?" He chuckled at the end of his sentence, an awkward atmosphere creeping through the cracks in the door, surrounding us like an unwanted aroma.

"D-dream?" My voice cracked from lack of hydration and sleep. "Bingo," He replied sarcastically, "I'll be back in a second uh, go do whatever you do I guess." And with that, he was gone.

I sat up more and drank the water he placed on the table, the liquid nurturing my dry throat.

A couple of sips later, I sat cross-legged on top of the covers and played around with my phone. Basically wasting time until Dream comes back.

...

10:04am

...

10:07

...

10:09

...

Waiting around started to become useless. I needed to do something. I could either leave and go look for Dream myself, or, stay here and wait for him to come back like he'd asked.

OK, I would wait another couple minutes, until 10:15, and then go looking for him.

I dangled my leg off of the side of the bed and bobbed it up and down in result of my boredom.

10:12

That's it. I was becoming more and more impatient and I couldn't bare it any longer. I couldn't just sit around here all day. He probably wasn't even coming back, I mean- why would he? He has no reason to show any kindness to me anyway. And although the thought hurt a little bit, it was the truth. And I needed to find out why I was here, and what happened last night.