1-5:Dark Cupid

Scene: Collège Françoise Dupont. Miss Bustier is teaching Literature class.

Miss Bustier: In most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess. Can anyone tell us why?

Zane: Plot.

Miss Bustier: Yes Zane but there is also another reason.

Zane: Because back in the day people thought women couldn't save themselves without a man being in some way involved.

Miss Bustier scowls.

Miss Bustier: Anyone else?

Zane: Because the spells weak as shit.

Miss Bustier: ZANE SHUT UP!

Rose: (stands up, swoons) Because only love can conquer hate!

Miss Bustier: Correct, Rose.

Max: Technically speaking, this reasoning is only exhibited in about 87% of all fairy tales and-

Miss Bustier: Thank you, Max. That's enough.

Marinette is looking over Adrien's shoulders as he writes a letter.

Miss Bustier: Adrien, I hope what you're writing has to do with my lesson.

Marinette gasps.

Miss Bustier: (approaches Adrien) Can you tell me what I just said?

Adrien: That's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate.

Miss Bustier: Very good, Adrien! Now, everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault tonight, and happy Valentine's day, students!

Marinette: (to Alya) Hey, go ahead, I'll meet you outside.

Alya: Mhm.

Marinette continues to look over Adrien's shoulder as he continues to write his letter before Adrien crumples it up stands up and tosses the letter in the garbage can.

Chloé: Hi Adrien, sign here please.

Adrien: (sighs) Oh, come on, you know I hate signing autographs, Chloé.

Chloé: Oh, that's not what this is. This is a petition against cruelty to hamsters. Have you seen some of the ugly sweaters they are forced to wear? It's appalling.

Adrien begrudgingly signs the poster. Chloé hugs the poster and Sabrina smiles before they notice Marinette who is digging through a trash can as she pulls out a sheet of paper.

Chloé: (mockingly) Well well, Marinette, looking for something to eat?

Sabrina: Maybe she's looking for some better clothes!

Both laugh before running off, Zane blasts both their legs making them fall to the ground.

Marinette: Ughhh!

Tikki: Don't give them the time of day, they don't deserve it.

Marinette: You're right, Tikki. (begins to read the letter) "Your hair is dark as night, your pretty bluebell eyes, I wonder who you are beneath that strong disguise. Every day we see each other and I hope that you'll be mine, together our love could be so true, please, will you be my Valentine?"

Tikki: Whoa, now that's a love poem.

Marinette: Who could he be talking about? Hair as dark as night, bluebell eyes?

Zane: Uh... you?

Marinette: (laughs nervously) Me? No way. There are plenty of girls at school with dark hair and blue eyes.