3-16: Gamer 2.0

Scene: Place des Vosges.

Manon: Mommy! I wanna go on the merry-go-round! Pretty please!

Nadja: As many times as you like, sweetheart. It's Sunday!

Manon: Yay!

Scene: Double Z+Marinette's room.

Tikki: When were paid holidays instituted in France?

Marinette: Oh, Tikki. Please don't talk about holidays.

Tikki: But it's for your history test tomorrow, Marinette.

Marinette: Uh, okay. First paid holidays. Summer 1936.

Zeke: Good job. Eh... you're drawing on a T-shirt right now.

Marinette: Ah! (groans)

Zaria: Perhaps you should take a little break, Marinette.

Marinette: I can't, Z. It's all due tomorrow! Tomorrow! To-morrow!

Tom: (knocks and enters the room) Marinette! Ultimate Mecha Strike tournament time!

Marinette: Video games? It's been so long since I last played video games. No! I can't give in! Dad, with the T-shirts for Kitty Section, the history test, the sketches for Jagged Stone's new poster, I still have 72 hours worth of work left to fit in by tomorrow. And the rest of the week after that's even worse. I don't have a choice. I have to... stop playing. I bet Zane's just as busy as me he has the same workload as me.

Scene: Zane and Adrien's room.

Zane: And done.

Adrien: Already?

Zane: It's called not procrastinating.

Tom: Stop playing? But Marinette, playing is like that little pinch of salt in baguettes. It makes life tastier.

Don't agree with that.

Marinette: Dad, I've got so many cakes baking in the oven right now, they're all on the verge of getting burned. No amount of salt is gonna fix this.

Tom: Fine. That's too bad. But remember, watch your apple pie, sweetheart. It's bubbling all over your cinnamon flan. (leaves)

.....................I'm lost is that a metaphor?

Scene: Dupain-Cheng living room.

Tom: Oh, why does she have to grow so fast?

Sabine: It's a part of life. (holds controller) So, best of three do the laundry?

Scene: Double Z+Marinette's room. Tom and Sabine begin playing Ultimate Mecha Strike so loudly that Marinette can hear them.

Tom: Oh, you've got me! I know your secret! You've been practicing in secret!

Sabine: Triple Cosmic Kick! Bam! Yes, I've got you!

Tom: Oh no!

Zeke: So... paid vacation was instituted to allow workers to...?

Scene: Miss Bustier's class.

Marinette: (asleep) ...take a break. Play video games. (wakes up) No! (looks for test paper and finds it stuck to her face) Found it! It really was just a dream. I filled it out. For real! (gives the paper to Miss Bustier) Now I just need to finish the last Kitty Section T-shirts, review my English lessons, and color paint.

Max: (from a distance) It's for my new video game.

Marinette: (gasp) Ah, video games. (back to reality) Coloring the poster!