5-21: Collusion

Scene: Interior, the Agreste mansion, in the crypt. Gabriel stands before Emilie's pod.

Gabriel: Emilie, my love, a cycle is coming to an end. In a matter of days, it will all be over - or rather, it will all start over again... (clenches his right hand, entirely blackened by the Cataclysm.) I swore to you that I would do everything to bring us together again. We're almost there.

He unfolds his left sleeve to cover his cataclysmed arm and walks away.

Emilie: (v.o.) When Gabriel has a vision, nothing can stop him. Not even the impossible. His passion...

Scene: Interior, the Agreste mansion, in Nathalie's room. Nathalie is seen watching Emilie's old video log on the phone that is stored inside the vault.

Emilie: (in the video) ...sweeps everything away. He wanted so badly to make me happy but he pushed us too far. And when I realized that, I couldn't make him understand that...

Gabriel goes up the stairs in the mansion's foyer.

Emilie: (v.o.) ...sometimes, you have to let go. Now it's too late for me. (coughs)

Gabriel glances at the half-opened door of Nathalie's room. He goes up to the door and eavesdrops on Nathalie listening to Emilie's video recording.

Emilie: (v.o.) But not for you, Nathalie. Adrien shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of our mistakes. Our little prince has the right to create his own vision of happiness.

Gabriel scowls and leaves from the door.

Emilie: (in the video) Please protect him. (smiles bitterly)

As the video recording comes to an end, Nathalie shares the same bitter smile that Emilie left in the video.

Split Scenes: Left, in the Agreste mansion, in Adrien's room; right, in the Dupain-Cheng Residence, in Marinette's room. Adrien and Marinette perform their morning routine simultaneously on call.

Adrien: Morning, Marinette!

Marinette: Morning, Adrien!

They grab their lucky charms on the bedside and head to the bathroom. While brushing their teeth, they try talking, but only end up mumbling.

They burst out laughing. As Marinette eats breakfast, Adrien walks downstairs to the kitchen. Marinette, on the other hand, almost knocks over the milk carton with her cereal bowl.

Adrien: Watch out, Marinette!

Marinette: (after luckily catching the milk carton from falling) Oh! Thanks, Adrien! (chuckles)

Before Marinette leaves, Tom and Sabine give
her two bags of treats. Meanwhile, Adrien heads to the mansion's kitchen.

Tom: And voilà! My darling daughter's croissants.

Sabine: And choquettes for her Adrien!

Adrien: Thank you! See you later, Marinette! (hangs up)

Scene: Interior, the Agreste mansion, in the kitchen. Adrien sits down at the table next to Nathalie.

Adrien: Good morning!

Gabriel: Just in time for breakfast! By the way, how did your friend Marinette take the news of your upcoming departure for London, Adrien?

Adrien reacts with surprise.

Gabriel: You haven't told her yet, have you? I can understand it is indeed a little sad... but you know I'm doing this for your happiness.

Nathalie: Are you sure this is about his vision of happiness and not your own?

Gabriel: (becomes visibly angry and starts rubbing his ring behind his back) I am his father, and I know what is best for him.