1-8:Copycat

Scene: Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Marinette is on her balcony with Tikki and Zane.

Tikki: How about inviting him to a movie then?

Marinette: Right, Tikki. Can you imagine that conversation?

Zane: "Hey Adrien, would you like to gah— wuh, (gets tongue-twisted and sticks her tongue out) glah."

Marinette: Exactly. I can't help it. Every time I see him, (She imagines that an image of Adrien appears in the clouds) I get all clammy and I feel like fainting.

Zane: So... basically the only way you could have a normal conversation with him, is if you're blindfolded.

Marinette: Pretty much.

Tikki: There is a very simple solution, Marinette, it's called a cell phone. You just need his number.

Marinette: I know who'll have Adrien's number!

She turns to Zane.

Zane: Don't even.

Marinette: I know someone else!

Marinette pulls out her phone to call Alya.

Scene: The Place des Vosges. A crowd is gathered for the Ladybug, Red Ranger and Cat Noir sculpture.

Théo and André Bourgeois are facing the crowd, with the giant statue covered with a sheet behind them.

André: I'm sure you've outdone yourself, Théo.

Théo: It was my honor. And I can't wait to meet Ladybug, I hope she'll autograph the photo I used as the inspiration for the statue.

André: Oh, it's nearly time. Ladybug and Cat Noir should already be here by now.

Scene: Zane/Marinette's room.

Alya: Look, we all know improv's not your bag, (gives Marinette a notepad) so just stick to this script.

Marinette: But all the teachers say I don't sound natural when I read.

Alya: Then memorize it. It's pretty simple. You can do this. Just don't improvise. Got it?

Marinette: (looks at the Alya's phone and the script) Forget it! This is never gonna work!

Alya: (taps the call button on her phone) Too late. It's dialing.

She jumps behind Marinette's chaise.

Marinette gasps and panics while holding the cell phone in one hand, not knowing what to do.

Adrien's voice recorder: Hey, this is Adrien's voicemail. Leave a message.

Marinette: It's gone to voicemail!

Alya: Leave a message! Don't improv!

Marinette: Uhh, hello. Uh, Adrien's voicemail, uh, this is Marinette, who, uh, has a message for you, of course, cause it's, uh, your phone, so, umm... (chuckles) Callmeseeyoulater,bye! (throws the phone onto the chaise)

Alya looks at her, exasperated. Zane crawls over to the phone and puts it on speaker.

Marinette: (moans) What? What did you expect me to say? "Hey, hot stuff, this is Marinette, I'd ask you on a date to a movie, but I've got such a crazy crush on you that the only way I can talk to you without foaming out the mouth is over this stupid phone." Pretty ridiculous, right?

Automated voice: (from phone) If you wish to hear your message again, press 1. If you wish to erase your message, press 2.

Marinette gasps.