5-7: Passion

Scene: Z+Marinette's bedroom. Marinette and Alya are sitting on the bed in their pajamas. Zane is on his bed watching the tv with the triple Z's aka Ziggy, Zaria, Zeke.

Alya: What do you mean you're in love with Cat Noir?

Marinette: I don't see what's so weird about it.

Alya: It's weird, because you were in love with Adrien just, like, yesterday. (points at the corkboard with photos on the wall next to them)

Marinette: (covers the corkboard with her body) Adrien? Yeah, but being in love with Adrien was not a good idea.

Alya stares at her, unamused. Marinette pulls down an imaginary light pink, polkadotted projector screen.

Marinette: (points at a drawing of her and Adrien's heads with hearts instead of eyes, with Shadow Moth's head surrounded by the Kwamis below them, presented as an equation) Because of my feelings for him, Shadow Moth stole fifteen Miraculous from me. (points at drawings of Cat Noir in different poses, surrounded by roses and sparkles) That's why loving Cat Noir is a good idea. Cat Noir is cute, very handsome, super confident, doesn't even put pressure on me anymore, and, turns out, he's really cool. And on top of that, he's in love with me, so it's perfect!

Zane: (cutting in) Uh, he's in love with Ladybug.

Marinette: And we both know that means the same thing.

Alya: But he doesn't. (the drawing cracks) And you can't tell him. (the drawing shatters completely) Marinette, you find yourself a new, unavailable crush just when Adrien seems really interested in you. Don't tell me that's a coincidence. Aren't you running away from your real feelings? Just a little?

Marinette: Not at all! I have no idea what I'd be running away from. I've got nothing to run away from. And it's already time to go to school anyway. (she screams as she falls down from the bed)

Alya: At 7 AM in the morning?

Marinette: Exactly! 7 AM is the right time if you don't wanna be late. (she puts on her schoolbag and opens the room's trap door) See? New love, new habits, this goes to show I'm right to love Cat Noir. (the door closes)

Zane: She left in her pajamas.

Scene: Adrien's room. Adrien is lying in his bed.

Adrien repeats Marinette's name to himself three times while waking up, brushing his teeth, and standing in the door of the bathroom. A drawing of her face with a heart next to it is also visible in the steam on the bathroom mirror.

Plagg: (flies up to Adrien) Marinette, Marinette, it's all you can think about! What about Ladybug? It shouldn't be tossed away like an old cheese rind left on the edge of a platter!

Adrien: No, Plagg, she's still wonderful, but she's not in love with me. So it's high time I leave her be and let her choose the cheese she wants on her platter.

Fax.

Plagg: And what if Marinette isn't in love with you?

Adrien: The only way to find out is to ask her. Hide, Plagg. (walks out of the room)

The alarm clock in Adrien's room starts ringing, showing that it's 7:00 AM.

Scene: The kitchen in the Agreste mansion. Adrien walks in whistling. Gabriel is preparing pancakes for breakfast.

Gabriel: How nice to see you so cheerful in the morning, Adrien. Bananas on your pancakes?

Adrien: Yes, father, uh― thank you... dad.